Mohawk Viburnum where to buy

Wauseon, OH(Zone 5a)

I am looking for a Mohawk Viburnum and would like to know where one could buy one?

Also if anyone one has this could you gave your feeling on this Viburnum?

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

There are 6 vendors in Plant Scout who are listed as carrying it http://davesgarden.com/products/ps/go/56116/

Scott County, KY(Zone 5b)

'Mohawk' is a pretty commonly available viburnum. If you looked/asked at your local garden center, they probably have it or could get it easily. Online vendors abound as ecrane has noted.

It is hands-down the best Viburnum x burkwoodii selection for the middle part of the US. Fragrant white flowers follow cherry red buds; it has clean shiny green foliage all summer, and then a kaleidoscope of reds, oranges, yellows, and purples for fall color.

If you have another selection of fragrant viburnum blooming at the same time, you'll probably get a nice fruit set, consisting of bright red berries that will change to black by fall.

This plant is a decent grower, but not too rangey. My oldest plants are 8-9 feet tall and rather dense, with about 10 years of growth. This plant flowers best in full sun, but will tolerate some shade and do OK. Average moisture and average soils will suit it.

'Mohawk' is a named selection from the exceptional work of the late Dr. Donald Egolf of the US National Arboretum. His life work is commemorated in the many viburnums with Native American tribe names, as well as numerous Lagerstroemia and Pyracantha selections.

Wauseon, OH(Zone 5a)

Where I am putting this is on the West side of the house and it only gets about 4 hours of sun if that. Should I replace it with a Rose of Sharon or what would be a better bush?

Scott County, KY(Zone 5b)

That location should be just fine for a 'Mohawk' viburnum.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.