Thumbnail by victorgardener
Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Florida anise.

Columbine.

Last for now - my first peony bud. Never got the hoops for them!

Ffld County, CT(Zone 6b)

Beautiful photos! Your June hosta is magnificent! Mine does not look that good - or at least did not as of the other day. I'm going to run and take a look at it on my way out this morning, lol!

Finally have a bit of sun here this morning, although thunderstorms forecast for this afternoon. Nice to see those rays!

Dee

Ffld County, CT(Zone 6b)

Oops - posted at the same time! What's the Florida anise - not a hyssop is it? I'm not familiar with it. Quite interesting bloom!

Shelburne Falls, MA(Zone 5a)

Phlox at last!

Thumbnail by boojum

Dog tooth and muscari.

Thumbnail by boojum

Thanks Dee. No, Florida anise is a broad-leaf, evergreen shrub - Illicium floridanum.

Correction - the first pic is Tiarella Sugar and Spice, not Pink Skyrocket. Sorry.

Forgot one - dwarf Alberta spruce with JM Tamuke yama.

Land of OZ, CT(Zone 6a)

Awesome, awesome pics Granpapa and Victor! That african violet have a name? Boojum--LOVE your dog tooth violets, and very impressed with those plant stakes--so neat and organized!

You can see for yourself, phoebe, on June 20th if you want to come to my RU. All invited! http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/963915/

Ffld County, CT(Zone 6b)

Ooh, Victor, that florida anise may be just what I'm looking for! I need a shrub about 8 feet tall that does well in shade and is deer resistant - bingo! What quick research I just did in the last minute shows it as zone 7 - obviously you've been able to overwinter it successfully? What conditions is yours in? Thanks!

southern willamette , OR(Zone 7a)

grampapa..... good to see you. lots going on for you, but i just love that African Violet. I would have the same problem as your aunt unfortunately hardly enough light in the house to get anything to bloom.

Victor..... all great stuff! i can't believe that your leather leaf viburnum is already blooming! You've passed me already!! lucky you. The tiarella is very pretty too, no matter it's name.

DiggeDee.... I love a good thunderstorm!

Booj....looking good! what is dog tooth?

Thanks Shelly.

Dee - I just bought it this spring so I can't vouch for winter survival yet.

Ffld County, CT(Zone 6b)

Hmm, okay, thanks Victor. Maybe I'll let you be the guinea pig on this one and check back with you next spring, lol!

redchic, I enjoy thunderstorms too, but since I took this week off from work to get my garden in shape for the season, and it has rained every single day so far, I'm not looking forward to today's storm! I'm hoping it holds off till at least later this evening. Today was the first day I was able to get anything done, and not much at that, lol.

Well, back outside. Break's over!

Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)

phoebe, sorry, no name on the violet. it's a beauty, though, ain't it? probably from a supermarket or chain store

Oh, booj, I sure wish I could come to your RU. love to see your orchids and, well, everything. And meet you :0) not in good traveling shape though :(

V, beautiful Euphorbia. I look at them and can never decide, but I really love them and there are so many different kinds. love the contrast of the spruce and the JM.

Port Washington, NY(Zone 7a)

I wish I had time to comment but I am busy planting. Here are a few recent blooms...

another Dwarf Bearded Iris 'Tickety Boo'

Thumbnail by DyanesGarden

Black Parrot Tulip

Petunias I grew from seed 'Electric Shock Mix'

Columbine loaded with buds

Azaleas with Stainless Daffodils

Rhododendron 'Sappho'

Does anyone grow Johnson's Blue Geranium? I bought this at a plant sale yesterday but it doesn't look like the Plant Files picture.

Ohhhh sooo pretty Dyane! Do the leaves on that geranium have a fragrance? It looks like one of those half hardy scented geraniuams. But, I could definitely be wrong about that as I don't know geraniums really well. However, the leaves on johnson's blue are small, maybe half dollar coin size at best. Those leaves look larger than that. I love the black parrot tulip and sappho is one of my favorite rhody flowers.

I don't grow it, but that definitely does not look like it. Looks like a pelargonium, as Shelly said.

Ffld County, CT(Zone 6b)

Wow, that dwarf Tickety Boo is gorgeous!

Yes, very nice, Dyane. What a full columbine!

lol...I wish that I could've said that Victor... Thanks for reminding of what they were called. I knew it was something other than 'half hardy scented .....'.

I just thought that this was cute.

My cat this morning. I knew she was thinking about something other than taking a break there.

Thumbnail by redchic01

then a few seconds later.... she's clearly trying to communicate to something about something.

Thumbnail by redchic01

The mouse!

lol. that's it!

Actually, looks like she's eying your coffee.

It definitely does! She's pretty direct about what she wants too! Since I couldn't figure it out for certain, I took her favorite pointer light and shined it in the other room. She quickly forgot about it. lol

Kershaw, SC(Zone 8b)

Here it is, the first bloom on my generic 'White' tree peony...and another bud next to it, and a baby that is just starting to form! The flower on this thing is almost bigger than my hand!

Thumbnail by Hemhostaholic

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.