shock and awe

(dana)Owensboro, KY(Zone 6a)

i was given this as a bonus . it was labled shock and awe . i cant find any pics on line to confirm . it was a 2008 intro

Thumbnail by iris28
springfield area, MO(Zone 5b)

I was sent shock and awe too.
I will look and see if my blooms, I will post a pick of it.

where did you get it . i went through the places i ordered and i didnt see it any where . it smells good . i like it .

I can't be sure, because I ordered from several different places and I can't remember. It was a bonus. I think it was woodland Iris garden, I understand they are no longer in business due to some circumstances beyond their control.
:(

im sure thats where i got it to .

Cocoa Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

Dana, we're leaving CB, FL tomorrow. Are your irises blooming? It was so good to meet you. I can't wait to see if any are blooming at my son's house. I've planted several. Will probably stay four days.

they are. quite a few of my new ones are also thats exiting when you get a first bloom . my roses look really good right now . and so does my lime tree . i cant wait to get some limes

Winnsboro, TX

Well I don't have one of those but it's a keeper and I just love to see Bonus plants bloom when you have no ideal what you got.

That's kind of how I feel when I've RESCUED some irises from old homesites. You never know what your going to be getting, you have to wait for them to bloom. Unfortunately by the time they do bloom I have no ideal where I got which ones from. Two years ago I drove all around our town (out in the country) and looked for where houses use to be. I contacted owners and asked for starts of the old irises. Now I have some really lovely historics, but I don't have names for most nor do I recall where they came from. Trust me if I did, there are several that I'd go back and dig up everyone of them and share them with other iris lovers.

Congrats on your Shock and Awe!
Happy Gardening, Marian

mittsy , it was good to meet too . i wish we could get together again. i work in a salon and a girl was told to leave so i have to be there alot more than usual .fri sat are gonna be soo busy .

Cocoa Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

lovelyiris, I have extra lime trees that i started from seeds. i can send you one.

South Hamilton, MA

It will take awhild for last yrs.' intros to appear on Plant files. You do have to see them first.

i was gonna add it but i want to be sure that it was it . ill wait and see if frillylilly has the same one

Oro Valley, AZ(Zone 9a)

There is only thing I know for sure about Shock and Awe, and that it's a plicata of sorts. And your photo shows a plicata (of sorts, looks like a luminata plicata) Details on the flower I don't recall.....but, I'll look to see if I can find the paper I had on it a year or two ago. If I find that info - I'll be back. ^_^

~ Margie

Mine still hasn't opened. Rain Rain GO AWAY!
the news confirmed 13 tornadoes in our area last Friday. Straight wind of 120 miles per hour and who knows how much rain was literally dumped in maybe an hours time. It is supposed to rain everyday this week, so who knows if it will open or what it will look like :(

woa ! we get lots of extreme weather but it almost always bypasses out city limits
our weather has been the worst iris weather ive ever seen . they are taking forever to open and this one looks like it was molding inside the bud because it was so wet . ... that is unless it is supposed to look like that.

twilight blaze

Thumbnail by iris28
South Hamilton, MA

Can see some damage on the petals, but seems to have recovered well. A friend has grown it, & it has a smoother look.

i love the tangerine beard

Taylorsville, KY

Shock & Awe is a Rocha 2008 introduction through Woodland Iris Garden, which is now out of business. This is the first intro by the Rocha's. I don't know who they will intro through in the future, but I have the Nicholson's (owners of Woodland Iris) email if you want to ask them. (The Rocha's maintained the Woodland website.) Sad they were forced out of business by a neighbor and a stupid politician. Their garden in Modesto, CA was the first "commercial" garden I ever visited, and they are really nice people.

Raleigh, NC

heard that, too, Missirisbert. Am hoping they kept some stock, but had heard they've gone to all pomegranite trees. DArn, was hoping to visit them in 2011.

mine finally opened, and it looks just like the picture posted.
I think it will be pretty next year, so I am going to give it some time, it wasn't what I expected? but it is nice.

it may have been the weather . i really liked it . it was very early and the flower had a good thick texture /

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.