Outstanding iris

Salem, IL(Zone 5b)

Received this beauty as a gift last year. It is one of the best I have seen along with 'Gnus Flash'.

Try to chose your one very best iris and post a pic. Name/no name/no problem.

Thumbnail by Oldgardenrose
Nilwood, IL(Zone 5b)

My best one is Crinkled Joy. BEV

Thumbnail by dragonfly62
Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

NOID for this one, but it really stands out in my gardens!

Thumbnail by JanetS
Santa Ynez, CA

Oldgardenrose, that beauty of yours looks like Change of Pace.....here is mine

Thumbnail by makj
Salem, IL(Zone 5b)

I think you got it right. 'Change of Pace' was one of a small group sent to me by Figaro52
last summer. I placed his at the beginning of a temp bed.

(dana)Owensboro, KY(Zone 6a)

yes i also got some change of pace from figaro and they have bloomed .

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

"Coffee Malt" was my most outstanding (may she rest in peace) I don't know what happened but it has totally disappeared, I'm waiting to see if Snowpeak will have it again.....it really was beautiful!

Thumbnail by mrsj
Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

I hope you don't mind if I pick a little guy. Bluebeard's Ghost is just a standout in the border, and has increased tremendously. And it was a bonus I didn't even pick.

SDB Bluebeard's Ghost

Thumbnail by pollyk
Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Love the beards on him Polly!

I can't grow SDB's here, so I have them growing at Dad's, planted first one's last fall, waiting to see how they do.....

Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Thanks Audrey. They are pretty new to me. I'm sure they will do well at Dads.

Santa Ynez, CA

coffee malt is outstanding!!!!!

Santa Ynez, CA

there goes my list again.....LOL

Owasso, OK(Zone 6b)

Hope you don't mind a historic
Pretty Pansy Sass 1946

Thumbnail by Gabriel25
Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

OH I LOVE THAT ONE!!!!

Owasso, OK(Zone 6b)

Thank you, I just planted that on 10/10 of last year, kind of late for here but had other things going on. Have had several others planted at the same time blooming also. It is not a very big bloom but I think it is lovely.

South Hamilton, MA

Pattern='luminata' comes from the plicata series.

Kansas City, MO

Okay, you computer whizzes. I have a new Mac and I have some pix from my digital camera of great beauties I would like to share. Can a fellow Mac owner out there give me a little prompter here as to how to get the pix that I have put on the Mac to show them off here so you can enjoy them with me?

I have Fatal Attraction, Best Bet, Sweetly Sung, Temple of Time, Princess Caroline De Monaco, Treasured, Romantic Evening and more. They are just wonderful. I know you are going to like them. I also have Coffee Malt, mrsj, if you do not have another source you prefer that has it available.

So, if I can get some practical kind help from someone who knows how to teach a dummy I would be blessed and even send the "helper" at least one of their choice as a thank you.

Irisawe

ohh ill take you up on that offer . ill dmail you with instructions . i have a mac .

Thumbnail by iris28
Kansas City, MO

Here is one called Sweetly Sung that bloomed today. This will be my first time putting a photo on here so we will see if you get to see. LOL.

Irisawe

Thumbnail by irisawe
Lakes of the Four Se, IN(Zone 5a)

Oldgardenrose and Iris 28 -- I'm glad to hear that the irises I sent to you are blooming for you. Change of Pace has always been one of the earliest TBs to bloom for me. Mine haven't bloomed yet (I'm a bit farther north than you) but are sending up stalks full of buds.

Kansas City, MO

Here is another one. This is fun! This is Louisa's Song.

Irisawe

Thumbnail by irisawe

OH MY i love that one . those ruffles !

Happy Jack, AZ(Zone 5a)

Wow, ditto on Louisa's Song! That is one beautiful Iris!!! I love ruffles.

It really is gorgeous. I love the contrast of the orange beard.

thanks figaro my btw my hollyhocks are awesome looking can you see them here . i added more this yr

Thumbnail by iris28

Very healthy looking hollyhocks. You'll get a good show from those!

Cut Bank, MT(Zone 3a)

Louisa's Song is so beautiful. I think it will end up one of the classics.

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Wow! Louisa's Song is a knockout!

Thank you so much for the offer to help me with Coffee Malt irisawe, Dee has it so I am good ( I did not see it on Snowpeak's website, but it is there!)...

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Louisa's Song is a knockout! I second that thought! What a pretty ruffle and the colors are wonderful!

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Edge of Eden

Thumbnail by JanetS
Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Silverado

Thumbnail by JanetS
Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Edith Wolford

Thumbnail by JanetS
Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Oh man, I am so sorry, I thought I was posting these on a different thread...lol they are all outstanding though...didn't mean to hijack the thread with my Iris though...sorry.

North Shore of L. I., NY(Zone 6b)

Well, I am interested in the subject of this thread of outstanding iris. I just don't have any yet so don't know whats outstanding or not.

Chicago, IL(Zone 5b)

Janet,

Your first picture (NOID) is Margarita (Schreiner 1968).

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

REALLY??? I have been looking for the name of this one for two years..noone else has ever even tried to name it. Do you grow this one? The plantfilepictures are not good at all if this is it...do you know where I can look at another picture of this one?

nevermind I found it on your site...thank you so much! It is MARGARITA!

This message was edited May 9, 2009 5:44 PM

Oro Valley, AZ(Zone 9a)

Here is one of my best/favorite irises: SIGH OF COLOURS (a Barry Blyth introduction)
It is on the shorter side, but does it ever put on a show!

Thumbnail by Margiempv

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.