Chickasaw Sue

Winnsboro, TX

Chickasaw Sue

Thumbnail by lovelyiris
North Shore of L. I., NY(Zone 6b)

Oh, how did I miss this one. Very pretty and unusual.

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8a)

Lovely iris,
I am doing a barter trade of a pine needle basket for trade of plants. I love this one. Will you be separating them at the end of bloom season. I you do, please consider a trade for some of your irises for a hand made basket. This one is particularly pretty. Let me know.
jan

Thumbnail by Gourdbeader
Winnsboro, TX

Hi Gourdbeader,
At this time I do not know exactly what I will have to trade later on. I have 10 big trades already and I also have the East Texas Round up this weekend.

If nothing else I'll try to get you a start of Chickasaw Sue.
Thanks for your interest in some of my plants.

P.S. I don't do baskets, but I must admit those are some real beauties you have. Do you make the baskets yourself?
Happy Gardening, Marian

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8a)

yes, I make the baskets. Since I don't have an abundance of plants thats what I use for trade. It takes about a week to do a basket depending on the size. When you say you don't do baskets do you mean you aren't interested in having one of them or that you don't collect baskets. Sorry I didn't understand what you meant.
Jan

Winnsboro, TX

I'm sorry Jan, I just meant that I don't have a need for them. I try to keep things very simple around here. I have too much stuff around here already.

I think it's wonderful that you are talented enough to make baskets. I use to make alot of things but I'm too old to do all that stuff any more. Besides that my eye sight is not what it use to be. I'd like to do some painting but my hands don't work as well these days either. I chalk that up to working too much in the garden and pulling way too many weeds.

Right now I'm getting plants ready for Dave's Garden East Texas Roundup this weekend. If you will remind me later next week or so I'll get you Chickasaw Sue and a few more irises in the mail.

Happy Gardening,
Marian

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8a)

What a sweet heart you are. Thank you so much. I truely know about loss of mobility and eyesight. Arthritis is setting in and I use a magnifying lamp to do most all fo my projects and I am trying to get as much done as I can before I can't do it any more. I used to paint too but now its the baskets and beading my gourds and cross stitch. I have one gourd left to finish before I pass and it is a life time goal to complete it. I will show you what I mean.
Thank you so much for your generosity Marian.
These are tiny beads that I apply one at a time with a needle and I push them into the wax that I have covered the gourd with. So you can see that I have a lot to complete.
Jan

Thumbnail by Gourdbeader
Winnsboro, TX

Oh wow, that is amazing art work. I've never heard of anyone doing something like that and I certainly wouldn't have imagined it to be so beautiful.

At least now I know where you get your name you use on here. Thanks for giving me a peek into your hobbies and passion. I work with my hands in the garden instead of doing any other hand work.

Good to hear back from you, I have to hurry up a get in the shower. I'm going to Dave's Garden Round Up in Jacksonville Texas about 5 in the morning. That way I'll be there between 7 and 8. I might be able to find a parking spot if I get there early enough. (grin) T

Best Regards,
Marian

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8a)

This is one that I completed. It is called African Rose

Thumbnail by Gourdbeader
Winnsboro, TX

Oh Jan that is beautiful. I can only imagine how long it takes to finish one of those gourds. I had never heard of anyone doing things like that with them. They truely are masterpieces!

Best Regards,
Marian

Lebanon, OR

Jan both the baskets and the beaded gourd show very wonderful talents and a sight into the soul. You do beautiful word, sending a private dM

D

Loysville, PA(Zone 6a)

LovelyIris that is a beautiful Chickasaw Sue. I've been looking it at it for a couple of years now. I think it's time for me to add it to my collection. Thanks for posting it.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.