Wild ginger :(

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

Isn't it time for little brown jugs to be sprouted in my area? I've had a small patch for at least 8-9 yrs. and it seems to me it comes up earlier but I haven't seen any signs of it yet. Could it have died/been eaten or am I mistaken about the time of year it comes back out in my zone? You'd think I'd remember when it comes back up after all these years.

Peggy

Melfa, VA(Zone 8a)

The evergreen kind has been blooming here for some time. The non-evergreen kind is up but not blooming yet. I am in zone 7. Need some more???
debbie

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

This one isn't evergreen so I have to wait every year to see if it has made it. My neighbor cut down a tree in their yard and threw taht bed into fun sun.

Looks like I may need some. I'm pretty sure it should have already started sprouting.

Melfa, VA(Zone 8a)

Yep. If it has been up here it certainly be up there!! I think I still owe you plants that I couldn't ship out with the last set because they weren't up yet??? I have to get my shipping list out later this evening and go over it to see what still needs to go. I had planned on packing yesterday and shipping today but RAIN, Rain, rain!!! Will watch for some ginger and get it for you if I see any. The evergreen kind grows better here and is more common.
Got you pkg!! Looks great and many thanks!! The hydrangeas have just continued to wilt and don't think they are grow...but oh well!!! Is ok!!!
Debbie

Buffalo, NY(Zone 6a)

Mine is already blooming, & this is a much colder region than yours. Sorry to hear about their disappearance! :(

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

Debbie,
I figured you were waiting on things to come up and I wasn't worried.

Don't give up on those hydrangeas...they'll fool you some times and sprout when your just about to give up on them.

Thanks J. I guess the slugs and snails finally finished off my apricot viola too. *Sigh* Wished they'd munch on those darn wild purple violets...there's a brazillon of them.

Melfa, VA(Zone 8a)

Same for the violets here, too. I have one I found in our woods 2 years ago and it blooms the normal pruple color but with white stripes! Pic is below but since I am not a camera buff and with no close-up lens...well I hope you can see the stripes!
I used to have a reddish one that I bought several years ago. Maybe it will bloom this year so I can find it!!
debbie

Thumbnail by estrail1rider
Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

I had some "Freckles" and a solid white viola in a bed but the wild purple ones finally crowded them out even though I weed therm out each year.

Melfa, VA(Zone 8a)

ok...i WENT OUT BETWEEN THE RAINS TODAY AND FOUND THE EVERGREEN GINGER BUT NOT THE ONE THAT DIES DOWN IN THE WINTER. i CAN GIVE YOU A PIECE OF MINE IF i DON'T SEE IT SOON. ohhhhhh!!! Sorry about the caps!! I do that sometimes accidentaly!!!

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

Why are you yelling at me?.....LOL

I do that sometimes too.*G*

Peggy

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.