Tall Bearded Superstition (faded) or Mislabeled NOID?

Auburn, CA

I purchased this iris as a Superstition along with one other rhizome. The picture included is the bloom from the first plant at the very end of its bloom. Unfortunately, I didn't see it at any earlier stage of bloom. This does't look like any picture of Superstition I've seen. Read on the PlantFiles page that some peoples' had faded. Is this a faded Superstition or did I get something else labeled as Superstition? The other rhizome just bloomed and it definitely looks like Superstition but it has also been a lot cooler recently than the time during which the other plant bloomed. Help?!?! Thank you! : - )

Thumbnail by Algaedarling
Blanchard, MI(Zone 5a)

Sorry, mine hasn't bloomed yet and your bloom is on its way out so to speak, lots and lots of different "blacks" and dark purple irises out there to even make a guess would be wrong, wait til next year until then~noid?
Looking at plantfiles: http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/36707/
it appears your beards are the wrong color so Noid.

This message was edited May 5, 2009 10:07 AM

Durham, ME(Zone 3a)

That is not Superstition.

South Hamilton, MA

Superstition does not have an orange beard.

Auburn, CA

Alright. That's what I was thinking but needed some expert input. I'm still pretty new to all of this. NOID it is! Now just to try and figure out what it is!... : - )

South Hamilton, MA

Is there any other dark iris you were supposed to have received?

Auburn, CA

Nope. Just Superstition.

Auburn, CA

Does anyone agree that this could be Pagan Dance?

Oro Valley, AZ(Zone 9a)

(I do know it's NOT "Superstition".)

It could be PAGAN DANCE. Even a good possibility that it is. There are simularities when compared to other photos of it. However, I'm not that familiar with that particular iris.

I surely wouldn't rule out that it's PAGAN DANCE, but I wouldn't bet my life on it either. ^_^ What you CAN do is get one that is named PAGAN DANCE from a reputable source and then grow it side by side. When they bloom you can compare it in detail.

I wish you good luck in finding it out for sure.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.