What's flowering in May

Inland S.E QLD , Australia

Tree Dahlia

Thumbnail by brical1

Canna Constitution...a little past it's best

Thumbnail by brical1

Two Bougies..the pink is a little ragged now.

Thumbnail by brical1

Another, a coppery pink

Thumbnail by brical1

The colours on this are deepening with the cooler weather

Thumbnail by brical1

Yellow shrimp plant

Thumbnail by brical1

Red...looks like I need to get the roundup out...I didn't realize the weeds were so bad lol!

Thumbnail by brical1

Pretty little butterfly

Thumbnail by brical1

Another flush

Thumbnail by brical1
townsville, Australia

it never stops flowering, but still looks pretty, so i thought i would post in may.

Thumbnail by shelly61

Very pretty,do you have the yellow too?

NW Sydney NSW, Australia

Tagetes lemmoni

Thumbnail by WayneCarter
NW Sydney NSW, Australia

Kniphofia 'Winter Cheer'

Thumbnail by WayneCarter
NW Sydney NSW, Australia

Cyclamen hederifolium

Thumbnail by WayneCarter
NW Sydney NSW, Australia

Cymbidium

Thumbnail by WayneCarter
NW Sydney NSW, Australia

David Austin rose 'Heritage' and Salvia 'Anthony Parker'

Thumbnail by WayneCarter
NW Sydney NSW, Australia

This Brom. Does any one know it's name please?

Thumbnail by WayneCarter
NW Sydney NSW, Australia

Another one of Salvia 'Anthony Parter'.
This is a beaut Salvia to grow with Tagetes lemmonii for colour contrast. Just be careful to allow enough room for the Salvia to grow up to 2 x 1.5 m.

Thumbnail by WayneCarter
townsville, Australia

yes i have the yellow, but it is still only small, but this one only took about 3 months to get this big so i won't have to wait long.

Coffs Harbour, Australia

Hi Wayne, your brom is Aechmea gamosepala. I have white Mums flowering now, and the stems are short, due to a regular trim up every few months! My Kniphofias are a little bit behind compared to yours wayne. I must get the camera out!
Sue

Stunning Wayne!!I Your Tagetes Lemmonii is really gorgeous.I purchased seeds of it last year and not one germinated,I would say they were old when I received them.And yes it and the salvia would look wonderful together. Kniphofia is beautiful too as are the others.

western sydney nsw, Australia

Thanks for posting the yellow shrimp plant I have a dark red one never knew the name---Sammut

Thumbnail by sammut
barmera, Australia

Hi everyone. Just a few daisies.Can anyone tell me their name please?

Thumbnail by ctmorris
barmera, Australia

nother

Thumbnail by ctmorris
barmera, Australia

one more

Thumbnail by ctmorris

Lovely colleen,here you go http://images.google.com.au/images?gbv=2&hl=en&sa=1&q=osteospermum+&btnG=Search+Images&aq=f&oq=

West of Brisbane, Australia

Here's my Centrosema virginianum (spurred butterfly pea). It looks like the Clitoria ternatea except that the flowers are mauve instead of electric blue. I've grown both and I prefer the colour of the Centrosema, but it's highly invasive, self-seeding everywhere. I grew it on a trellis the first year, where it smothered everything else--even outgrowing the snail creeper--but this year it's contained by concrete on all sides: the perfect spot at last.

Thumbnail by cestrum_SEQ

Thats a really nice lavender/lilac ? How well does it flower, is it covered or does it just have a smattering here and there and what approx size would the flowers be?

It's more leaves than flowers, and individual flowers seem to last only a day (although new ones keep opening). Lack of flowers can't be due to too much nitrogen because I'm growing it in the most inhospitable spot possible (in the centre of my driveway, as a groundcover). It's not scented.

Here's another pic, taken from slightly further away. Flowers are quite small, max. 3cm long. Funny thing is that it was growing on a trellis around the corner and yet ended up self-seeding on the driveway of all places. No watering, no fertilising. It's tough.

Thumbnail by cestrum_SEQ

It looks like it's happy in that position..

And I'm happy that I've got it hemmed in by concrete :-)
I think I still have some seeds but haven't offered them to anyone because of the invasiveness.

NW Sydney NSW, Australia

Aechmea gamosepala, thanks weed woman! I will note that down. This plant looks great mass planted in the semi-shade under trees. Almost like a neon light!

Merino, Australia

Hello all. Beautiful flowers. My chryssies are coming out now. I keep them in pots and trimmed back until they bush out. They were all new cuttings so this is my first year of their flowers. I had no idea of their color. I just ordered a mixed lot.

Thumbnail by 77sunset
Merino, Australia

Love this one

Thumbnail by 77sunset
Merino, Australia

This is a lovely red/ brown which looks better than the photo.

Thumbnail by 77sunset
Merino, Australia

One of my gorgeous zygos. This is Madame Butterfly. I have heaps all starting to flower now.

Thumbnail by 77sunset
Merino, Australia

Not a flower but so beutiful this year. My snowball tree. The Lions Ears next to it is still flowering this late in the year.

Thumbnail by 77sunset
Christchurch, New Zealand

wow nice pics everyone, I took some this morning but my camera battery is flat so can't post them till tomorrow night

NW Sydney NSW, Australia

Luculia. This one is 10 years old and thrives on neglect! It seems being left alone has done it well.

Thumbnail by WayneCarter
NW Sydney NSW, Australia

Slipper Orchid (Paphiopedilum insigne). An easy to grow orchid here, quite common. Good drainage in a pot, dappled morning sun.

Thumbnail by WayneCarter

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.