Hi, all you dalhia nuts!!!

Delhi, IA

Got my bed ready today____hubby hauled 5 skid loader buckets full of sheep compost and we wound up the tiller. Then I decided to check in with all the dahlia enthusiasts. This is my last year_____for 70 pots!! It is, it is IT IS!! Cutting back to 50 next year so if you want to make the cut you'd better flower well in 2009 or you won't get dug!!. There comes a time (past 70) when 70 is just too many to plant and then dig again.

Well, it looks like most all of you are present an accounted for, along with some newbies. Happy growing my friends. Jean

West Caldwell, NJ(Zone 6b)

Hi Jean! Looks like you are up to your neck in sheep compost! Does it work well on the dahlias? I am unfortunately not as sensible as you, I should at least stay at 123, but nooooo... :)

Issaquah, WA(Zone 7a)

Welcome back from hibernation Jam! Sounds like the Iowa dahlia season is well underway. Not sure if I'm going to learn the 'cutting back' lesson or not this year; I'd say the forecast for such is highly doubtful.

Well wishes for a good season and lots of blooms.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Welcome home dear Jamlover ^_^ We missed you!!

Sacramento, CA(Zone 9a)

I have a grand total of 8 dahlias right now. If I am lucky enough to get a box from Tod, that would push me over the 10 mark......a long ways from even coming close to the rest of you. But, all the lovely pictures that have been posted in this forum has whetted my appetite to plant more. At what point does a dahlia nut make???? LoL

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Um I hate to tell you soilsandup but you are now a member of Dahliaholics Anonymous along with the rest of us (tee hee)

Issaquah, WA(Zone 7a)

Since it's offering nothing but steady rain outside I found this funny clip from the Kitsap County WA Dahlia society newsletter this a.m. Scroll to page 3

I particularly like number 5 "intercepting the postman..."

http://209.85.173.132/search?q=cache:EbcUNGIhAvwJ:www.kitsapdahlias.org/06%2520April%255B1%255D%2520NL%2520web.pdf+kitsap+county+dahlia+society+april+2006&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

I resemble that. They left out disbudding other people's dahlias without being asked. I do that too :O

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.