Are any of these Stepping Out?

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

I have three similar Iris...one is supposed to be Stepping out...One is supposed to be Classic Look, and I have Art Deco....not sure if Art Deco has bloomed yet...but maybe one of these is Art Deco....all of these are tall....

Thumbnail by JanetS
Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Another..

Thumbnail by JanetS
Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Here is the second one in a clump shot

Thumbnail by JanetS
Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

The third one...I thought this one may be Classic Look..I am so confused by the ones that have the same coloring...thanks for your expert eyes!

Thumbnail by JanetS

The second one looks most like Stepping Out.

South Hamilton, MA

I go for #2 as Stepping Out--see dart on the fall at the end of the beards.

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Thanks....it is the darkest purple color of the three. I have been looking at sites with Stepping Out and Schrieners picture looks like the beards are not blue...so I wasn't sure. It appears that the ones listed in the PF some have darts some do not and some of the beards looks like they are different colors too...lol This is very confusing. The First picture was labeled Stepping out, and I had thought it was not dark enough...I have two clumps of that one that were labeled wrong, I guess, and they both bloom earlier than the second one that appears to be Stepping Out....thanks!

Salem, IL(Zone 5b)

Look into the possibility of 'Earl of Essex' and 'Loop de Loop'. I had both at one time
but cannot say which survived.

Thumbnail by Oldgardenrose
Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Wow, I think I have seen about eight or more with this coloring....Thanks, I will check, but it may be near to impossible to ID them I think...lol

Lawrenceville, GA(Zone 7b)

Hey Janet! Did a birdie fly over and give me some of the same iris that you have?? LOL I thought I had a mix of purple, white and yellow that I received in a trade. I had no clue they would be the same as the one in your second pic. I love surprises like that!
Did y'all get any rain? We did last night and today is mushy out there and not as hot. I am anxious to get all of my yard work done before the humidity kicks in.
I hope you are well, take care!

Susan

Thumbnail by Raggedyann
Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

lol, I am doing well, thanks. Hope you are doing well too, Susan. We are still having rain off and on...it is getting to be pretty soggy here.

I "think" that one is Stepping Out....LOL Whatever it is it is a pretty thing, isn't it.

I have four with the same coloring almost...they are all different, but the one in the first picture was tagged Stepping Out...I got several from the same co-op that were not marked correctly, so I guess that was one of them.

I also did a trade and someone told me they were sending Stepping Out so I guess that is where the second one came from. I love all of them! Purple and white sure does show up well in the garden.

I have lots of new ones this year and was trying to ID some of them with the right names. I missed last season, because I wasy babysitting my third grandchild. So I was trying to catch up on the names this year. Some are pretty easy to ID because I have a list of things I bought, but others were sent to me in trades or as gifts, and I was doing well just to get them planted...so no IDs on some of them I am afraid.

Good to hear from you!

Lawrenceville, GA(Zone 7b)

It's good to hear from you and I am happy that you have more grandchildren! :)

I think it is Stepping Out too. My son took a bloom or two for his teacher today to put in a vase. It's teacher appreciation day and all the kids were to bring in a flower.

We have had our share of rain, haven't we? Some of my iris are starting to tell me that they don't like it LOL It's one extreme or the other. We just have to be thankful for it all.

Take care and have a good day!
Susan

South Hamilton, MA

I go for #3 as Classic Look, but I have never seen Art Deco so may be wrong. There are many purple on white plicatas of all classes, not just one or two.

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

I believe that is the one I thought was Classic Look too..lol it is really pretty! Here is a photo of Art Deco....it is shorter than the others for me...

Thumbnail by JanetS
Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

I now believe I have found the ID for the #1 Picture
Jesse's Song...here is the PF info http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/showimage/31240/

here is my photo...

Thumbnail by JanetS
South Hamilton, MA

Did you have Jessie's song. As for the others, the true method, plant one next to yours.

Cincinnati, OH

Sometimes you can get lucky. I bought "Rare Find" last year, a nifty salmon colored iris, and just happened to plant it in the vacinity of "Solar Fire". When it bloomed darned if it wasn't a gold and red SA, would have been yet another noid, but its neighbor bloomed and bingo, Solar Fire. Bet I can't do that twice. Fortunately the nice source is sending me a Rare Find along with my order this year. Guess I will have an extra large clump of "Solar Fire." Not a bad thing at all.

Sand Springs, OK(Zone 7a)

i think the first one is Jessie Song

It was my misunderstanding that you knew for sure that you had all three of the irises mentioned in your first post and that you just weren't sure which was which. If that is not the case, then all bets are off.

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

lol....echoes...yes I do have all three of the ones I mentioned for sure, and I had also ordered Jesse's Song a couple of years ago...I know where Art Deco is planted and it has not bloomed yet this year...so I actually have all four..and could not figure out for sure which was which, with the exception of the Art Deco (the picture I posted of Art Deco was from last years bloom)..sorry I wasn't clear. I found the order for Jesse's Song after I had posted these...while I was looking for yet another with no name....I had so many orders for Iris and the list was on my old computer and I have been trying to trace back and find the names on those lists in my paper files and in the old posts I made in co-op files.

Thanks for your help everyone!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.