CLOSED: § RED, WHITE & BLUE 2009 SWAP § Sign-up.

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Calling all patriotic DGers, again! We had fun last year, and it's time for us to exhibit our love for this great nation.

This swap is themed on the colours, red, white and blue. You can send anything that has these three colours whether they be plants or ornaments.
Or you may send 3 items with each having a single colour, but your 3 items must bear all the colours of our flag!
For example, a red plate, a blue glass and a white brugmansia.

$20 limit.

We'll give this the swap club way of celebrating 4th of July!!

Participants:
Lizrainey-------------Liz
Robynznest---------Robin
Taters55-------------LK
Abbisgranma-------Marion
Mcrochet-------------Marilyn
Bettypauze----------Betty
BJWilson------------BJ
Seedtosser---------Judy
Dimmer--------------Kim
JsxTiger-------------Jax/Joyce
Froggies_Girl------Julie
Qwilter5bdsr--------Barb
FruitOfTheVine-----Susan
CrissyR---------------Crissy
Samigal--------------Pegi
Purpbutfly-----------Cindy
Elfs_Garden-------Kris
lratliff29--------------Lisa
dahtzu---------------Faye
Synda---------------Synda
Hope43-------------Twyla
ClanCampbell----Chris

This message was edited May 8, 2009 9:48 PM

This message was edited May 10, 2009 7:39 PM

This message was edited May 12, 2009 9:39 PM

Thumbnail by heavenscape
(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Oh my goodness, I am first. Sign me up please!!!

LK

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Thank you LK.
Liz has been reminding me, and Robin's been dropping hints.. I bet they already got their gifts ready!

(Marion) Havana, FL(Zone 8b)

I am definitely here!!

Marilyn Glen st. Mar, FL(Zone 9a)

Whoopee!!! I'm second!!!! A swap after my own heart. I've been breathlessly waiting on this one! Love red,white,and blue.
Please count me in!

Well I can settle for third. lol,,,got to be FAST to beat abbisgramma. lol

....and they old people are slow!! LOL

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Woohoo Marilyn's here! Welcome!
No one's old here when our minds are still sharp ---- most of the time---

ROFLOL sure glad you added most of the time--mine feels like it has vanished today for some reason. Maybe it was the restless night I had!

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Maid M.. you must have picked up Kel's restlessness.
He kept waking up to check on one of our outside kitties that was slightly injured by a feral cat. The kitty's fine, but Kel went to work groggy and tired.

Could be. I don't have a clue why I was so restless. Odd thing is I got up at 4:30 and Kim's light was on, apparently she was having a night worse than I did--no work for her today. I think it is the stress of packing all the department's things for the move, trying to finish the school year and who knows what else.

I might just have to "check my eyelids for leaks" later today.

Ladies I would LOVE to stay and chat, seems when I get a chance to stay on and lurk, everyone has gone to bed. It will probably be so today also, as I have a few plants that I really need to get into the ground, our weather is getting hotter by the day, and I'm running out of days to plant things. So hopefully I can come back real soon and be able to chat a little before I have to go back on the bus run.
Ya'll stay out of trouble now ya hear? And if you can't stay out of trouble, at least have fun creating it. lol

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

YIPEEEE! You betcha I got mine just about ready. I found some really cute stuff in KC and can't wait to get a name.

I know I'm jumping the gun, but I just so dang excited.

Victoria Harbour, ON

OMG leave it to me to screw things up...went to look at a back thread..wanted to post and now it's resurfaced...sorry girls..

yep sure do want in on this swap..kept my eyes open for it ...

As it happens, I worked all day yesterday in decorating the back deck cafe..there sits my pretty flamingo, decorated in blue/red/white tiles...hanging stars as well along the planter...Deborah sure did send some beauties..and to boot, have her Rock City birdhouse from another swap to set out as well...

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Wooohooooo... welcome Betty!!
Our favorite Canadian!! Must consider you as one of us, after all you're living in North America. :D

Glenview, IL

HI...

Would love to join this year!

LOL, will start jumbling over some ideas.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Hi there Judy, yep, just telling a friend yesterday that one of my 'old' spirits must have been American..I feel such a strong bond to your country..and of course, so many friendly and loving individuals live there...

Kemp, TX(Zone 8a)

*Waving my hand*.... Oooo Oooo Oooo... Me Too !!!

The RW&B swap was my very first swap last year when I joined... actually, had to actually join DG to get in on it... and the rest is history. And now, it's a tradition.

(jax) Dundalk, MD(Zone 7a)

....................jummping up and down..........don't take off without me! i know me colors......i wanna play agin!

( Kim) Zion, IL(Zone 5a)

OH Yes count me in Please I have started already I can't wait
Flaming Kim

Ocean Springs, MS

Please put me down for this swap. Sounds like a great way to remember Memorial Day, too! love, julie

Oh, in some ways this is our 1st anniversary swap, BJ.

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Yah BJ, and it's a great start to a fine sistahood ;)
Welcome Jax.. too bad no RWB Bailey's.. not that I didn't try last year!
Of course Kim, I'll be disappointed if your name's not up there.
Welcome Julie!

(Barb) Manchester, NH(Zone 5a)

Me too please!!!!!

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Yayyyyyyyyyyy!!! Barb's here!!!! Happy to see you gonna have some fun!!

(Barb) Manchester, NH(Zone 5a)

Wouldn't miss it for the world----

Pacifica, CA

wow go to work and see what happens lol!
im ready for shipping!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! been ready since feb lol
whoo hoo!

Pacifica, CA

betty and judy here too! wow going to be a fun one

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

Count me in ( :
Susan

Fayetteville, AR(Zone 7b)

Sign me in!!!!!!!!!!! This sounds like lots of fun! Of course I'll be on a cruise on the 20th but will find my buddy when I get back home around the 23rd or 24th, I don't remember, we were taking a 5 day cruise from New Orleans to Progresso, Madrid then to Cozumel Mexico but of course the ports are closed so they changed our cruise to a 7 day for the price of 5 leave out of New Orleans, sail to the Keys, then down to Nassau for 2 days!! We leave Sat the 16th and come back the following Sat.

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Hope you have a nice cruise! I have never been on one.
LK

Fayetteville, AR(Zone 7b)

I haven't either. I get motion sick real easy so I'm going to buy a patch plus take tons of Dramamine with me. We wanted a 3 day at first because of my motion sick problem, but couldn't find one so settled on a good 5 day, then oops! LOL I'm glad we get an overnight stay, I'll be able to get off the boat for a while, especially if I need to.

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Welcome Susan and Crissy!

Me neither LK. At one time ex wanted a cruise on the seas, it was me that chickened out. Not afraid of the waters, but the idea of being on sea for more than 2 days just terrify me.

Be sure to use up all the memory on your camera now, Crissy.

(Cindy) Auburn, CA(Zone 10a)

Crissy take some ginger. It's good for motion sickness. You can find ginger in health food stores. When my daughter was pg she had morning sickness so bad, so she tried it and it worked. The stuff that I got was dehydrated and rolled in sugar.

(Pegi) Norwalk, CA(Zone 10b)

Here is one more that hasn't been on a cruise. Never really wanted to, DH says the only one he would want is one to Alaska. Don't know if I would get sea sick, but all that water isn't my idea of much fun. Enjoy your cruise Crissy, looking forward to great pictures. ^_^

You can put me down for the RW&B swap again this year. It was my first ever swap and I enjoyed it very much.

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Welcome back Pegi!
Yes, last year was a hoot. It was my first swap I hosted too, and I can't believe how easy it went...
All for the love of America!

Cindy, you're in!!

Looks like we are on a roll again!!

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Yep Maid M.. we're waving that flag proud!

Liz, I think you've been ready since August 2008!!

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

Never been on a cruise either but would be game to go. Ship's are so massive, Crissy, you might not even realize you're moving. Just don't look down. Plus I hear the food's a total feast! Guess I'll have to settle for those familiar crashing waves at OBX...hopefully again this Summer.

This message was edited May 5, 2009 7:20 PM

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

What's OBX Susan?

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.