That is what I get from ordering from a co-op...

(Taylor) Plano, TX(Zone 8a)

First time ordering from a co-op two years ago...most rotted, and I had only one survivor...it has been a long recovery, and it finally bloomed...the wrong iris!

While I realize that not all co-ops are anything but a great deal, I've also been warned, and in this case it applies...

this was supposed to be brown lasso...not!

any guesses?

Thumbnail by seedpicker_TX

side view

North Shore of L. I., NY(Zone 6b)

It sure is pretty. I hope you can get its ID.

Cherryvale, KS

Looks like Edith Wolford. Mine isn't in bloom yet. Check plant files!

Salem, IL(Zone 5b)

My supposedly Woolford from last year.

Thumbnail by Oldgardenrose
springfield area, MO(Zone 5b)

wow the color in that is gorgeous! I LIKE it! It looks to dark to be EW? I have a Jurassic park that is a little like that. At least I think that is the one I have.

I also think the first poster may have edith wolford. It is disappointing not to get what you ordered. Not to mention a waste of money.
But at least it is a pretty one and not a muddy dog!

Prescott, AZ(Zone 7a)

Edith Wolford is one of my favorites. I think it looks good planted with salvia nemerosa May Night which blooms at roughly the same time.

Macomb, MI(Zone 5b)

my EW didn't make it this year....I am very disappointed ;(
Seedpicker I know it's not what you expected but it's beautiful
just the same ^_^

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Seedpicker...I ordered Brown Lasso from the same co-op and it did turn out to be Edith W...two nice big clumps of them...I was disappointed it was not Brown Lasso too, but I really like Edith W...already had that one though.

Salem, IL(Zone 5b)

My Edith in overcast lighting taken this am.

Thumbnail by Oldgardenrose

Thanks, everyone.

Well, either my Edith is not really Edith, and this one IS...or this one is not Edith...

does that make any sense?, lol...

I have one tagged Edith from a reliable source/gardener and it was my very first one to bloom. This one is blooming about a month later than that one...

And, the standards on it are kinda squat...kinda stubby and short. I agree on the coloring, but shape is very differnet. My Edith has falls, that fall...these stick straight out horizontally...

I'll see if I can't post a better picture...here it is in its natural setting in my curbside garden:

So, Janet you participated in that one too?...by the time I added up what I "saved" and what I ended up with, I could have paid double for the ones I really wanted at a reputable grower! ;0)

Someone posted a brown lasso the other day, and it made me really mad at the co-op all over again...

really wanted that one...here is the link:
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/fp.php?pid=6493909

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Here is the one I got....it looks just like the EW I ordered from another Iris Farm....so I don't know...

Thumbnail by JanetS

hm...well, maybe my OTHER Edith is not Edith, lol...

...oh, brother...

Oh, well..my mom isn't picky...she'll be happy with it, and it will make a spot for some others I have coming. :0)

did you notice that it had the fourth fall, and that it was striped?...thought that was neat, at least :0)

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

No I did not notice that, but went back and looked...that is pretty cool..wonder what caused that...did all of the blooms have a forth fall with multi coloring?

I don't know...this is it's first, and probably only bloom for the year... I don't see any others ...

most likely just a fluke first bloom...

I would contact whoever did the coop and let them know it bloomed wrong.
Maybe they will send you a replacement?

maybe...but I don't even remember who it was anymore. That was two years ago...I'm just going to chalk it up to lesson learned

thanks, though :0)

oh, sorry, I thought you meant like last fall.
Usually a nursery will replace anything that doesn't bloom true to name or dies within the first year.
I ordered from a daylily co-op last fall and I was pleased. I have ordered from nurseries that sent the wrong thing directly, so I wouldn't automatically put blame on it just because it was a Co-Op.

Robertsville, MO(Zone 5b)

Could be Act Three, Forgotten Secret or Edith Wolford

Edith Wolford

Thumbnail by 1913cat
Robertsville, MO(Zone 5b)

Side View

Thumbnail by 1913cat
Raleigh, NC

wow, my EW years ago was so washed out and dull looking, I composted it in disgust. these are quite lovely, with the rich coloring. (it was from Cooleys, and I've since heard it might have been my soil)

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

First bloom this year on the one I got in the co-op you are talking about...Edith Wolford, I think.

Thumbnail by JanetS
Tulsa, OK(Zone 7a)

I agree.. don't have one but was suppose to.. its so pretty..

Hi nicky nice to see you around.lol.

well, if anyone wants mine it is going up for trade, lol
:0)

Fredericksburg, TX(Zone 8a)

seedpicker_TX

What would you want for trade for the above iris?

Dana

hi Dana-
you you have enough of this one to trade?...
http://davesgarden.com/community/trading/image.php?user=emeraldsgarden&pid=168678

Blanchard, MI(Zone 5a)

Not "Forgotten Secret" not enough yellow on the shoulders of the falls and it has more of a outward projection that some have, I lean towards "Act Three" or maybe "Edith Wolford".

Pic of "Forgotten Secret" 2008

Thumbnail by DaLoveRat

seedpicker_TX,

Looks like I can do that!! I have a funeral today, but I will get back in touch with you tomorrow on when you want to trade. Thank you, Dana ; )

Dana-
sorry to hear it. You can dmail me, privately for the rest of the arrangements.

Daloverat-that is a gorgeous picture and a gorgeous iris...love the way the yellow spills on to the falls :0)

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

JanetS, what is the lovely red behind the possible EW in Post #6496788? I love it.

DaLoveRat,
What is the lovely redish iris behind Forgotten Secret? I love it, too.

Blanchard, MI(Zone 5a)

You already have it I believe Pajaritomt it's "Gingersnap" in the a.m. I think it had just opened it sometimes is a bit darker depending on the soil and rain.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

It is lovely, but when you told me it wasn't Gingersnap I gave it away. I might have to beg for another! At least I thought you said it wasn't Gingersnap. Anyhow one died and I gave the other away. Perhaps my stupidity!

Blanchard, MI(Zone 5a)

What I had wrote to you that one batch of gingersnap had somehow gotten a noid mixed in a clump so if it bloomed red it wasn't gingersnap and I'd send another since I didn't know what clump yours came out of its kind of funny because of all the people I sent it to they all received gingersnap nobody got the noid but because the noid appeared in one area I wanted people I sent it to know in case they got the noid I'd make it right, I must not have sent anyone rz's from that bunch, got that problem all fixed and all my sets last year got "lined out" with positive id's from bloom stalks the rest got composted or given to neighbors that didn't care what they were. Things do happen I see a rz popping up between the rows in a "old section" must have had a small piece break off and start to grow of the ones I dug last year. No problem "P" I've got a good size clump that after bloom needs to be dug I be sure to put couple in for you.

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

That is Red Zinger it really takes off too!

Thumbnail by JanetS
Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Thanks, DaLoveRat. I would live a piece of both Gingersnap and the noid! I am looking for thing to trade you for.

JanetS

Will you be willing or able to trade any of the Red Zinger? If so I would like one if possible - I will figure something to trade with you!

Thanks,
Dana

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.