What have you ordered for 2009 - Part7

Thomaston, CT

Oh, Ok----that makes sense----all of the plants with WFF on them were dianthus, but I didn't check the price. I only live 15 min. away from WFF. I did notice that many of the annuals were grown at a facility in Wethersfield, CT. My son, who's a landscape architect, told me many are grown in eastern CT as well for the nursery trade---his company gets a discount----and HE can get a discount if he shows his card. Does he ever offer to shop with me? Nooooo!

Try some handcuffs. It might just work!

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Received a large JM from David (Davidsan's Maples) today. Looks great. Incredible packing job. Photos to come.

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

that is good to hear victor - can't wait to see the tree!!

yeah it took me a while to get all those pieces of wood out of the box - must take him forever to put it together.

Yes - took me quite a while. Hate those big staples, though they do the job. FW uses tons of them too.

I splurged for a big one because I will use it as a screen. The area seems too shady for the viburnum I've had there for years. Hopefully the verticillium will not get this one. Nor the deer or bear too. And hopefully the VLB's will not get the transplanted viburnum!

Why did I not take up checkers???

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Another one Victor???

Kind of like potato chips, Jen. ^_^

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Hee hee!!!!!

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

well if it makes you feel better i dug up my almost dead forest pansy today and moved it to the back and out of site. it has one tiny leaf on it by the trunk where the branches start. it was sitting in water even though it was in a raised bed.

i ended adding more dirt to the hole to raise the bed even more and transplanted the paperbark maple to its spot and hoping it does better with a little moisture. if it takes this will at least give a prime spot for seeing the bark in the winter.

now i need to find another forest pansy - they do not seem to be around as much as they were - have not seen one at any nurseries yet.

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

Well I took Blue Stone up on their half price sale....

HOSTA Great Expectations $3.98
HOSTA Captain Kirk $4.47
HOSTA Frances Williams $4.97
AJUGA Burgundy Glow $6.47
HELLEBORUS Regal Ruffles $6.47
LIGULARIA The Rocket $4.47

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Trying to resist Bluestone's sale.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

nice list Anita!!

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

My Bluestone order came.
I bought Fran Williams last year and its huge this year,Your going to love it Anita.
Here's my list
Clematis ?
Aquligeas Black Barlow,Clementine red,Clementine Blue, Music Mix
Aster Woods Blue ( I'm having trouble getting this plant to grow.This is a reorder due to failure of 2 from last years sale.
Sedum Matrona
Astilbe Serenade
Astilbe Erica

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

yeah!!!

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

Very nice! I hope they are in good condition when they arrive.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

They did arrive yesterday.
Very small but at least they recover in a week.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

thanks checked it out, nothing tempting
Thanks for the heads-up

Thomaston, CT

Received the DL 'Mary's Baby' that I bid on in the lily auction---it was very nice, & the lady included a gift one--'Minnie Morgan'. Still have not recieved the 2 ordered from FL, but Thom said they were slow---hope he has his by now.

Took a while, but here's a pic of the JM I received on Friday from David.

Thumbnail by victorgardener

Wow - that is huge for a youngster!

Thomaston, CT

Looks great----very healthy---what's the variety? Colors?

Ueno homare.

Pepperell, MA(Zone 6a)

nice tree!

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

these two got me yesterday at agway... Randy saw the whining look on my face when I told him my apricot sprite & purple pygmy were only a few inches tall (from seed I started too late)

http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/161366/
http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/177479/

Thumbnail by onewish1
Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

Mine are short too - but I'm sure they will kick in soon enough.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

ssshhh don't tell Randy that... LOL

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

I started some Sprite seeds and the pots are out in the garden.
You are a month ahead of me. Does thin mean I'm going to be disapointed?

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

no I don't think so..... when did you set out the seeds?... I winter sowed some outside last year and they bloomed... just later... good thing is once they start... they don't stop until frost

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

ok here is a comparison from last year

started these seeds on Feb 28, 2008 inside.... photo was taken on 5/11/08.. already blooming

Thumbnail by onewish1
Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

the WS'ed outside ones... seeds sowed on 3/5/08 ... germinated 4/27/08.. the photo was taken on 6/16/08... I think they are the ones on the lower right... and of course I didn't record bloom time.. sorry

Thumbnail by onewish1
Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

I still hope.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

I think you will be fine... did they germinate yet?

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Ohh yes and just to be on the safe side I bought 8 plants of Agastache Apache Sunset.
The Apricots are in the ground and up about 2 inches.They seem to grow bigger everyday now that warmer days are here.
Here they are, should I thin?

Thumbnail by ge1836
central, NJ(Zone 6b)

I was real well behaved and ordered only 3 of this from Bluestones 1/2 off sale.
http://www.bluestoneperennials.com/b/bp/CEGBP.html

for my blue and yellow garden

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

oh you will see blooms for a while... no worries.... yours look better than mine this year... LOL

can't tell how many are in the pots... so my guess would be yes on thinning .... 8 Apache sunset??? uuuhh what's your address again??? LOL

nice foliage on those Jen

Thomaston, CT

Nice hummingbird magnets! And I like the centauria---mine is blooming right now next to a burgundy coral bells---kind of wild!

New Boston, NH

For sure I have lost my mind as I have purchased to the new Hosta rave can't think of the name now but it is Very Expensive.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Whew lot's to catch up on this one. Sherri you have a very prettiful red dahlia ^_^ Patti when you come to Canada turn left and keep driving. About 4 days later (give or take a day) you will get to my house ^_^ My last hosta order arrived yesterday. I have been good about ordering cuz I'm saving myself for a big fall bulb order, but I definitely need one more clematis and a vibernum this year. I am working on a list of possible choices to discuss.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.