Iris ID - Help Wanted Section

Readyville, TN(Zone 7a)

I will be posting several. Feel free to add yours to this post as well.

Cathy B.

Iris #1 TB

This message was edited Apr 30, 2009 6:37 PM

Thumbnail by cathysplants
Readyville, TN(Zone 7a)

Here is #2 - Intermediate or border bearded (not TB)

This message was edited Apr 30, 2009 6:36 PM

Readyville, TN(Zone 7a)

#3 Standard Dwarf Bearded

This message was edited Apr 30, 2009 6:35 PM

Readyville, TN(Zone 7a)

#4 TB

This message was edited Apr 30, 2009 6:37 PM

Happy Jack, AZ(Zone 5a)

Cathy, where did you purchase your iris? All of mine which are TB came from Cooley's in OR. Your #4 TB is similar to my Space Viking, but not quite. But it could be lighting or camera.

Thumbnail by HappyJackMom
Readyville, TN(Zone 7a)

I have purchased them from lots of places. Cooley's, Schreiners, Suttons, eBay, Rockytop, Mid-America, Bayview, Keppel's, Hank's, Woodland, Iris4u, Superstition, Snowpeak, the Murfreesboro and Nashville Annual Iris sales, etc.

I received some ID help by Dmail on #2 and #3. We are thinking that #2 is John, and that #3 is Cherry Garden.

Space Viking is lovely, but the name doesn't ring a bell with me and the form looks a little different.

Happy Jack, AZ(Zone 5a)

You really have a lot of different companies you buy from. I have problems enough with just one, but trying to ID plants that have missing labels is driving me crazy, and it's a very short ride! ^_^ I just hope I ID'ed Space Viking correctly!! Because I also have Nights of Gladness and Night Ruler on my lists, and only one photo to choose the correct one from. Since I only have the one photo, I can only assume that the other two either haven't bloomed yet, or have died. Shame on me for not keeping a closer eye on them.

Happy Jack, AZ(Zone 5a)

OOPs, darned finger clicked twice!

This message was edited May 4, 2009 10:30 AM

Readyville, TN(Zone 7a)

HappyJackMom - Yes! I have been bitten by the iris-bug. It's highly contagious and super addictive!!! :)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.