Correct Name for my Canna Lillies

North Ipswich, Qld, Australia

Hi my friends,

Can you name my Canna's from the color?????

Thanks,
Debi

Thumbnail by Degarotty
Inland S.E QLD , Australia

Canna Indica

Hi Brical1,

You are just full of knowledge, thank you.

I thought that little fellow was a bee now I have learnt something new, thanks heaps.

My garden is so important especially at this very heavy time.

Thanks my friend,

Debi & Elli-May

You are so very welcome Debi.I hope your garden gives you lots of peace and comfort.

Keaau, HI

Hawaiians call those ali'i poe. The roots are edible, cooked. The seeds are secured in a gourd to make rattles!

Wow!

Thats incrediable, thanks for that information, now I have learn't two more things.

Metrosideros,

You just cant imagine the possibilites of plants, can you?

Thanks my friends,

Debi & Elli-May

Thumbnail by Degarotty

brical1,

Canna do you know a name of Cnna's that has a flower that is mostly yellow with red dots over the flower, also the flower even looks different?

I didnt get a picture this visit but when I go back up to mums I will get a picture.

I am sooooooo over going back and forth, it is time to start spending more time as home. Hopefully it shouldn't be much longer, the Will still has to be read and then go from there but my home needs some TLC (Tender loving care) from me being away.

House inspection on Friday between 8-12am.

Then back up Sat morn for Mother's Day for Mum.

I miss my grand daughter heaps and I get very sad thinking of her.

Oh Well.................

Thanks my friend,

Debi & Elli-May

Debi,Post a pic of it when you can and I will have a look ...there are many that fit that description.
You take care.

NW Sydney NSW, Australia

Hi Canna growers!

Can anyone identify this Canna please?

I purchased it some years ago and did not record the name... ... ... It had a label at the time. A big mistake we all fall into I guess.

From memory, the name had initials in it like, "E.K. Van" something or other? I guess a commemorative name for this cv.

Thanks for any help. It is a good plant as it's bi-colour bloom is good for linking colours. A little prone to rust, but I guess that is my fault due to neglect.

Thumbnail by WayneCarter

Wayne your canna appears to be Frau Gattenburg/Gartonburg...it also goes by another name too but just can't remember it right now

This message was edited May 7, 2009 4:10 PM

Here tis: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/fp.php?pid=3064337

NW Sydney NSW, Australia

Thanks so much Judy.

I don't know where I got the "E.K. Van" something or other" from. :)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.