1st greenhouse, suggestions, help???

Pocatello, ID

I live in SouthEastern Idaho at 5,000 ft very short growing season. I would definately be using a greenhouse in the winter, and heating it, November - May. To a lesser extent in the summer. Can anyone give me suggestions or information about what sort of greenhouse would be ideal? What the necessities would be? Any information would be very appreciated as I live in zone 3-4 but love all green growning things thru zone 11! :)

Thanks so much,
SueAnn

Fulton, MO

I don't think that any particular GH is any better at elevation than another. Anecdotally, it seems to me that there are advantages to a GH at elevation when it comes to solar gain, heat storage, that sort of thing. So go with whatever fits your needs, budget, aesthetics.

St. Louis County, MO(Zone 5a)

Make sure to get double panes at least. Maybe one with a solid insulated north side instead of windows. I love my RION 8x8, someday will go bigger if I can. I used a small electric heater this year (got it in March) and will do more insulating & caulking before next year. Automatic vent & window openers have been very helpful once I figured out how to adjust them properly. I'm saving to have water and electric permanently installed out there, lugging water in the winter wasn't fun.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.