give new life to old chairs

Santa Rosa, CA(Zone 9b)

I am not sure if I am putting this in the proper forum - please let me know if I should move it.

I have received several metal framed lawn chairs that I want to give a new life. My plan is to sand them down as much as possible, they do not need to be perfect, and then prime, and spray paint a pretty sage green.

I want to snad becuase I do not want to mess with any sort of stripping solvent. I;d rather dealer with the paint 'dust'

I have a contour sander, do you think this will do the trick? I have never used the sander, I inherited it from my mother. I want to make sure I am using a decent tool for the job. Anyone have experience with this contour sander?

If it helps its a dremel countour sander, like this one http://www.dickblick.com/products/dremel-contour-sander-kit/

Thumbnail by blackThumbz
This thread has 12 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!