amatuer here... my bright idea :)

Santa Rosa, CA(Zone 9b)

On a recent trip to the local flea market I found this HUGE lightbulb. For a $1 I could not resist. The DH just rolled his eyes. I didn't know what I was going to do with it - but I had to have it.

I was in Joann's fabric store this past Saturday, looking at some garden art and my 'bright idea' was born. There was some garden art 'sculptures' . These little glass globes wrapped in copper wire. They were crazy expensive and the light went off. I knew what I was going to do with my lightbulb.

So I got some copper wire and wrapped it around the lightbulb and found some old costume jewelry and viola, my first attempt at garden art is born. I expect it will evolve as I think I want more copper wire in the equation.
But right now I am happy with it. I just hope a fat bird doesn't use it as a landing pad and tip it over.

Thumbnail by blackThumbz
This thread has 14 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!