I fell in love with.......

(Zone 4a)

Viticella Justa......just scroll down halfway......

http://www.silverstarvinery.com/vines.asp?letter=V

I have never seen or heard of this one. I just love the colour and size and the fact that it is a viticella - easy to grow. I tried researching this one but nothing comes up. I know I will never find this one here and too bad I can't order from Silver Star otherwise I think that one would be my first online purchase for plants.

(Lynn) Paris, TX(Zone 7b)

Me too - I'm looking for a blue to keep in a planter on my patio.

Delaware, OH

hi dawn, i put justa in a few days ago. if it does well i will post and share. it went in well and looks perky already!

(Zone 4a)

OMG GURU!!! I am so envious!!!!!! You lucky bum!!!! Yes please do keep me posted even though I know I will more than likely not be able to get my hands on that one I would love to see how it does for you.

Baton Rouge, LA

Dawn, I lusted over that one too! There were quite a few cultivars on SS that I really wanted that were sold out already... and that was when I started my search several weeks ago. I imagine even more are sold out now. I'll know for next year to order early.

Delaware, OH

we gotta get some clems up there to ya dawn

maybe you could suggest to your best local nursery, that you will trial clems for them for the area for no charge if they order the plants. and then you will give photos and feedback, and maybe even give a little lecture for them with the ones they decide to pick up. if they say yes, have them order you 25 or 30 types and lay them in, you have room from the pictures i have seen.

it just seems so limited with the types you can get your hands on and i would love to see you be able t help them expand the assortment available in the area. thoughts on this?

(Zone 4a)

Guru you always have such great ideas. However in all honesty I don't have the time to do anything that like....it just isn't in me at this point in my life. I work full time and have 2 young daughters. That takes up most of my time.

I do appreciate you looking for ways to help me out though LOL You are too sweet.

Delaware, OH

i am empathetic to how family can distract and be a more important focus. my daughter is 38 years old and i have 2 grandkids, they are in fla.

but this might be easier than you think as nurseries like to have things trialed in the ground and sometimes do not have anyone to do that. might be worth asking, just drop the lecture offer????

pride of place plants is the one in canada with all the great clems.....

Chicago, IL(Zone 5b)

CG and anyone else who has Justa -- any updates on how it performed for you this year? I'm thinking of getting one (if I can get my hands on one) for a container....

Delaware, OH

have justa. planted it this spring from ssv. doing very well. compact, will be floriferous. pinched mine back in early summer and post bloom time took it back about 50%, about 5 weeks ago. regrowing and looks good. no planting tantrums or anything suspicious!

Chicago, IL(Zone 5b)

Thanks CG!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.