Coffee Break #10 - Summer in Spring

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Awesome...I need to get mine up.

I belive JO was saying oriental poppy

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Thanks, my brain is fried from the heat...the only word I could think of that began with "O" was orange....

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

I thought OP grew up to be Richie Cunningham.

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

:)

Land of OZ, CT(Zone 6a)

You still crack me up Victor!

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

OK so
does
anybody have an answer?

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

GE... my poppies I planted last year are currently leafing out.... outside now.... I would think after hardening off they would be ok to put out... but not certain... my WS'ed ones are getting bigger and bigger every day

Thanks Phoebe. ^_^ Sounds like you were expecting me to fade.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Thanks Onewish
I'll take them out doors for a bit tomorrow.
How does hardening off work?

Take them out and put them up against a side of the house that has part sun and NO wind. I leave them out over night in that spot. Take them and move them out to an open area in the sun for an hour or two. In other words baby them for a couple of days.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

I usually leave them in a sheltered shady spot the first day.... then increase the sun little by little.. don't want to fry the babies

here are my WS'ed pics from today

http://picasaweb.google.com/AllisonNJ71/WinterSowedSeedlings?feat=directlink

no idea what the butterfly flower seeds are.... maybe yarrow???... got them from Pixie I think

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

Hi Dawn! Hope it warms up for you soon. I'm hoping it cools a little too. Too much too soon!

Nude hiking was a surprise. Knowing there is a country in Europe where all the people meet outside to pass laws is really surprising. How cool is that!

They also routinely meet outside to pass out.

How dumb was this?

http://www.breitbart.tv/html/327763.html

Thomaston, CT

I can't tell you how dumb, because my computer wouldn't let me open it! I like knowing the hummers are around, but they aren't around here yet. I had a few nesting in the yard last year, & I never had a feeder up for them. Just hung up fucshia plants, & I have lots of lilies & glads which they like---don't know what they prefer this time of year---daffs? hyacinths?

Robin - it's a video showing people in lower Manhattan running in a panic when they saw a very low-flying jumbo jet, followed by a F-16. It turned out to be the President's plane getting new photos near the Statue of Liberty! Heads should roll over this.

S of Lake Ontario, NY(Zone 6a)

That is dumb.

A change of subject, Wednesday morning going to work I saw a robin starting to build a nest on the front door in a wreath. Figured I'd move the wreath when I got home from work. When I got home, the nest was fully built. I didn't move it, then after a couple days the robin started laying eggs, and now there are 3 eggs. We use this door often, and I was afraid once the babies are born I'd scare them out of their nest. (I did that once before). We moved the wreath over about 4 feet tonight. I sat and watched for awhile and the robin did come up and land in the nest, but didn't stay long. I hope they all survive the move ok.

The Monadnock Region, NH(Zone 5a)

Oh Deb. I hope they'll be OK.

Victor, I saw news footage of that 'stunt over Manhattan'. Even the Mayor didn't know! Ridiculous!!!

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

thanks for the info Pixie!!!

did you see how nice the penny black are growing??

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

The news said they weren't required to tell the public and they had just notified the police just mins before flying over.
Maybe not "required" but wouldn't it have been the "right" thing to do?

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Sombody will be standing on "the carpet" for that stunt.

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Yes I did Allison, very jealous as i've had no luck with them in the past. Actually I'm really glad you got them to grow, i'd like to see if they really are black!! lol

Land of OZ, CT(Zone 6a)

Victor--You would never "fade"! LOL--It's just that I haven't been around much. You know, when I heard about the plane in Manhattan, I thought it was incredibly stupid--made me a little fearful about who's running the country--How could they be so clueless?!!! But when I saw the video, even though I knew it was just a photo-op, I was enraged! Wonder how many heart attacks it caused....
To calm me down, posting a pick of a plant I bought off the reduced table at the grocery store for 99 cents last summer.

Thumbnail by phoebesviolets

That's beautiful! Good rescue. Is it a begonia?

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

African Violet I believe.

Ohhhhhh. My goof!

Land of OZ, CT(Zone 6a)

HUH! It IS begonia-like Candyce! I knew that bloom reminded my of something. Thanks for identifying that for me :-)

Thomaston, CT

Stupid people flying that low over Manhattan---very scary for a lot of people, my stepdaughter's husband especially---he still can't talk about 9/11.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

I like the flower form on your new violet phoebes. debilu how are the robins? We had the darndest time with them insisting on building on the front stoop light for years. Too windy and too much traffic there. The big male was convinced the conditions were my fault and kept pooping on my soft top in revenge. Finally last year they moved to the back porch. WAY better location and less elbow grease cleaning the car.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

I have a lurking question. Does it count as lurking if you hang out in a thread without posting if no one else is posting OR are you only lurking if everyone else is posting but not you? I thought I was practising lurking but now I'm not sure.

Can you even practiCe lurking without actually lurking?? Based on my raincoat days, lurking is only lurking if someone knows you've been there.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

AHHH that is very sensical Victor. Back to the drawing board as I was doing it all wrong. Also I did find that hanging out by yourself on a thread for 2 WHOLE DAYS when no one posts at all is VERY boring. Maybe there should be a Lurking Forum where the raincoat folks can let it all hang out.

Ouch - been there done that.

The test forum is a great place for stuff like that.

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Ha ha ha ha ha.

S of Lake Ontario, NY(Zone 6a)

The robins appear to be doing ok after the move.

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Good news debilu. In my quest to learn how to lurk I have decided that I need a whole new unknown forum to lurk on and taking a boo around the communities I have chosen to lurk on the Electrical and Lightning Forum. Since I have agreed not to do anything electrical or lightning related at home ever again, I cannot contribute anything so it is a good place to start lurking. I think I will learn all sorts of cool stuff too that will be helpful for future electrical projects that might need being done once I can start messing with electrical stuff again.

Good news, Deb. How are you doing? How's your garden?

Dnut, as an electrical engineer I should be able to teach you how to get shocked.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.