Coffee Break #10 - Summer in Spring

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Coming from here:

Ludicrous temps. Hopefully back to normal in a few days. Talk on!

(Zone 4a)

By ludicrous temps do you mean hot or cold?

Hi folks I thought I would drop in and say hello! Hope everyone is doing well.

Dawn

Land of OZ, CT(Zone 6a)

I miss Bea Arthur too--sad to know she is no longer on the planet :-(

Hi Dawn! Ludicrous hot! It's 89 here.

Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

Victor - I think that was a very sensitive thing for you to do in starting a new thread. Who could know it would become such a different situation so quickly. I applaud your thoughtfulness.

Hi Dawn. How are you doing? I've missed seeing your posts!

Sherrie - where do you sell your plants? I'd rather buy my seedlings from a friend than a stranger any day, so I might just have to pick up Candyce and do a shopping trip to wherever you sell them from. I'm guessing, however, that you might be a supplier to local stores?

This message was edited Apr 26, 2009 3:08 PM

I wasnt offened by the flu thread, Victor nor none of us can stop it. Just dont let me post there now as I have a big snotty head from this stupid cold!

Louise you and Candyce can come anyday. Make sure I have something you want or come up and yap. I grow and sell the plants at cheap prices as I beat the big box stores and most nursery's around. My goal every year is to start from seed, grow them and sell them. I want to pay all the bills - supplies, propane, electric and water. I want a free veggie garden and some flowers for myself. I dont include my time and labor. When it comes to friends they even end up with a better deal :-) then if I go roadside.

(Barb) Manchester, NH(Zone 5a)

schickenlady did you say you had hollyhocks? I'm just down the road a piece from you and have been looking for some. Is there some place I can find their growing requirements so I can plan a spot for some?
Candyce have you found the MiniMan yet? And where in NH are you Donniebrook? I haven't been on DG too long but have been lurking a lot. Barb

Edited for spelling...

This message was edited Apr 26, 2009 3:46 PM

Thanks Louise. I appreciate that.

The Monadnock Region, NH(Zone 5a)

I thank you, too, Victor. I'm glad we are at 'spring to summer' now. I wasn't offended at all, but a bit on the cautious side.

Sherrie, you can bet that a bunch of us, if we can get together at the same time, will be up to 'haunt' you. I'll ask Anna what she'd like to purchase.

Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

Yes, Yes!! When I get back up there, it would be such fun to go shopping at Sherrie's stand. Is that what you have, Sherrie? A roadside stand at the end of your driveway? When time gets closer, I will get directions from you and perhaps Candyce & Anna and I (and anyone else as well) can meet up in Keene and descend on you. LOL When do you put your babies out for sale?

Wish I were closer!

Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

I wish you were too, Victor!!

Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

Oh, rats! I was planning a hike in the Alps in the fall. How boring it will be now!!!

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

LOL.

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

You snooze, you lose, I guess. A loss to all of us Alpen hikers! (Where does Victor come up with these things?)

He has so much extra time on his hands, in between plantings, dontcha know.

And, I'm heartbroken too. I was using the treadmill all winter long in anticipation of my Alpine hike this summer! Rats!!

Hee hee - important current events!

Rockport, ME(Zone 5b)

It's been so hot I haven't been able to mow the lawn. That is a very weird comment for April! It'll get cooler later in the week. Fortunately, this is my vacation week, so I'm just soaking in the heat, mmmm....

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

You gym rat, Candyce!

^_^

Thomaston, CT

OUCH! I can't even walk in the yard barefoot---can't think of buck naked!

Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

LOL Candyce!!

Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

I have a different reason; it has to do with being merciful to the neighbors!!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

^_^

Hee hee - 'That's not your walking stick!'

Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

LOL

Oh my!
Did you REALLY just say that Victor!
Of course you did!

^_^ Makes tick spotting easier, though.

Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

Hank carves walking sticks for a hobby. LOL

Hee hee!

(Zone 4a)

Wow Victor yes those are high temps....maybe you could send some of those our way?? It was pretty chilly out here today I think 42F. Brrrrr.

Thanks for missing me Donnie.....I know I should come around more. I miss you guys too!

Wow - 42 was the high, Dawn?!! How are your clems? I just ordered six more. That should make around 70 different varieties.

(Zone 4a)

Only a few of my clematis have started to come through.....they are only a few cm's tall. So not much going on yet....still have a long ways to go yet. Funny thing is today is suppose to be warm. Funny how it can be so cold one day and then warm the next.

You have quite a large collection of clematis. I think I have 14-16 currently.

I have just two, and neither has broken the soil yet. When I was clearing out the weeds and such around the Pistachio clem, I did see beginnings of two green shoots, so I'm happy. Now, I just have to be patient.

I hung the hummingbird feeder yesterday in anticipation of the little darlings arriving a bit sooner this year.

Hung mine on Saturday. According to the hummer map, they're practically at the North Pole!

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

I had 2 days of glorious sunshine and peace and quiet. It is now over, cloudy/overcast and the guy is outside digging the well. Lots of banging going on.......poor Joshua works nights and sleeps days.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Just butting in here.
I dont remember where I was given advise about OP seedlings. Someone said as soon as there were leaves she cut the bottoms out of the peat pots and put them in the ground, they also trimmed the tops of the peat pots.
QUESTION:
Here is what the op seedlings look like today. Is it OK to put them in the ground?

Thumbnail by ge1836
central, NJ(Zone 6b)

What's an OP?

Hung the hummer feeder out about 2 weeks ago. I just had a Hummer! I refilled and hung up another feed.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.