Coffee Break #9 - Get Your Vaccine!

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Coming from here:

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/969730/

Anyone remember that classic SNL skit with Chevy Chase playing Gerald Ford in the '76 debates with the swine flu vaccine sticking out of his arm?!! Well it looks like Ford was right!

Got 'sumfin to say - this is the place.

This message was edited Apr 25, 2009 5:57 PM

Thumbnail by victorgardener

Hey - I notice that we recently had our 100th page of threads on the forum!! Yipee!

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

I have been way too busy to breathe recently, so when I saw you started this thread I thought "O good, I don't have to 'catch up' I can just pick up in the middle of some conversation....."

I try to start conversations in the middle - or even the end.^_^

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

I completely.

The Monadnock Region, NH(Zone 5a)

What a great day!

Had a morning meeting with some locals to clean up the 'floor' of a hundred year old gazebo. I must say that wood makes some beautiful compost after 100 years!

I probably would too if I lived that long.

We will both live that long, Victor. At least I'm planning on it.

Your word's good enough for me!

RIP Bea Arthur. Loved her in Golden Girls. Remember seeing her as a kid as Maude.

Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

Bea Arthur, hmmmm. That IS sad. I liked her too.

Me too! I was shocked to hear that she's gone.

Bea goes and the swine flu comes, I rather have Bea. That flu is getting close to home. Its kind of scary.

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Sherrie, are they done cross-training you yet? Can't you see yourself, you've just sold somebody a dozen peony bushes, then you have to find some teenager to ring it up? No, then you stride purposefully toward the nearest register and make the sale! Anyway, finish the story, please, or was that another thread?

I was supposed to work 9-3 today so I guess they will have to find a teenager to ring up peonies.

Oh dear!

Not up my alley everyone. If they put me in the plant dept. I would be happy - so I aint going to work Unhappy. Life is too short. I got another one in the works :-)

I am not taking a pic of everything in this GH - So here is a quick blast.

Right side - all tomats, green bells, banana peppers and chinese giant. I have a few trays of fowers tucked on the sides just to fill every single inch.

Thumbnail by

Left side - good fried grief - No not fried....

Columbines 3 different kinds
Poppies - Lavender, Persian Blue (don shire or dave47 - one of you guys) and oriental red.
Rudbeckia - Prarie Sun - Celeste I think
Cone flowers - Autum colors, purple, white and yellow.
Coleus - rainbow mix
Hollyhocks, purple, red, yellow, maroon, pink, white and more hollyhocks. I got them tall and short and everywhere.

I will take better pics sometime later. My mind is boggling.

Thumbnail by
Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

they look so nice Sherrie!

It looks beautiful!

Pictures stink. I have a stinking cold now for 4 days. This winter, thought I was getting it but didnt. I have not had a cold in 4-5 years.

I am taking the unusual step of starting a new thread already. Now that the swine thing is getting really serious, I don't like the thread title and photo. Please go to the new thread and hopefully this one will die, and hopefully the epidemic will die quickly too. Sorry if anyone was offended. Lots changed in one day.

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/980506/

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.