Need ID - Rebloomer

Charleston, SC(Zone 9a)

Any idea who this is? It is definitely a rebloomer, so that should help.

I have a list of all of the iris I have ever ordered, but I don't know where all are planted. This one has no label that I can find. Below is a list of some (but not necessarily all) of the pink iris I have.

I'm trying to update my records and would really appreciate your help in matching this one to its correct ID. Thanks : )

pink pincurls
caption
confectionary
in person
lacy day
elisa renee
lace jabot
designer gown
spring tiding
vanity
lace artistry
vanity's child

The following are listed (in my data) as being in the area:
pink swan (X)
my pretty valentine (maybe, anybody know if this one repeats?)
grateful citizen
imaginarium (x)

Thumbnail by DreamOfSpring
Charleston, SC(Zone 9a)

Another bit of info. It is blooming now (and will bloom again in late Aug or Sept). Blooms are est 2ft tall (in full sun). Bloom stalks are rather crooked, zigzagging from one boom to the next.

South Hamilton, MA

Check with the reblooming iris society--they may know. Pink Attraction reblooms, but not listed in your inventory--also this one is more salmon.

Charleston, SC(Zone 9a)

Thank you very much for your help, IrisMA. Yes, it is a light salmon color with bright salmon beards. No Pink Attraction listed among my iris inventory though.

Thanks again!

South Hamilton, MA

Any pictures from last year?

Charleston, SC(Zone 9a)

Yes. I would have to go find them. They are on an external drive. Why do you ask? If you just need to see more pics, I can take more tomorrow. There are 2 blooms out there right now and some buds yet to open. But if last years pics will really help, I'll be very happy to get them.

Here is another one I took this morning.

Charleston, SC(Zone 9a)

Here is one, not the greatest, taken yesterday shortly before dusk (when I got home and just couldn't wait to get a photo). I didn't try to lighten it, because I didn't want to risk altering the color.

South Hamilton, MA

I don't think that I could ID, but you might be able to from last years pic.

Santa Ynez, CA

Scutler, love your iris, it is a beauty!!!!!

Happy Jack, AZ(Zone 5a)

I don't know what it is either, but it's sure purty!

South Hamilton, MA

The salmon color shows that it is not Pink Pincurls which is a deeper pink. Not familiar with the others on your list.

Charleston, SC(Zone 9a)

Thank you, makj!

Thank you, HappyJackMom!

IrisMA, I got the ext drive out and started searching last night. Boy does that thing need work. It's an organization nightmare with all of the photos listed in folders by date - which makes them so easy to find when searching by type. So I sat up 1/2 the night organizing. I didn't complete more than a fraction of the drive. Even though I tried to start in the folders for the same time of year, I didn't find the pics of this one yet.

But I did take some today, later in the day so the lighting is different. Here is one of the best. The salmon hue seems a little less dominant in this lighting, but is still quite obvious from the buds. Note that this one is not esp ruffly or frilly. It has a whitish area around the beards, and the beards are an almost neon pink (or salmon or whatever you want to call that color). I think these things along with the short stature (2ft or less) and the reblooming are all keys to its ID.

Charleston, SC(Zone 9a)

I think it is My Pretty Valentine. My records show that I planted my pretty valentine in that area, and it looks very much the same. I just need to know if My Pretty Valentine repeats. That would seal the deal, I think.

Here is a PF link to MPV: http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/showimage/204424/
Another: http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/showimage/135458/

It is listed a ruffled pink self with orange pink beards.

Charleston, SC(Zone 9a)

One more pic

Here it is in a catalog (MPV): http://www.candtirispatch.com/catalog.php?item=1645&catid=%20Mid-blooming

Charleston, SC(Zone 9a)

here it (MPV) is in another catalog: http://www.wildirisrows.com/catalog/my-pretty-valentine.jpg

South Hamilton, MA

The slightly serated edges on the S look the same. Good luck with your pictures, just thought that last yrs views might help. I'm very backward--still using slides & the few pictures I have in the computer I have trouble retrieving.

Tulsa, OK(Zone 7a)

is mine like your? looks like it above but below pictures it don't??

Thumbnail by hope43
Charleston, SC(Zone 9a)

irisMA,

I just haven't found last year's pics of this one yet. It's possible I may not have taken any, but I'm still looking as time permits. Today I was out in "the back 40" trying to catch up with all those weeds and the pruning and such.

Charleston, SC(Zone 9a)

Hope, I think it does look a lot like yours. What is the name of yours?

Tulsa, OK(Zone 7a)

I don't know so was wondering if same as yours.lol.. sorrryyyyyy

Charleston, SC(Zone 9a)

ROTFLOL, hope,

Don't those NOID's just drive you crazy?

It is almost impossible to find the correct ID for a blue or pink iris. There are just so many similarities between many of them. As if that weren't bad enough, the same iris can look different when grown in a different climate or even as seen above when photographed in different lighting.

The only reason I have any hope of unraveling the ID of mine is because I know that I have a list of every iris that has ever entered my garden. I know where many of them are, but some like this one managed to get separated from their tags, and now I just need to match them back up. That at least narrows the options considerably.

Charleston, SC(Zone 9a)

Just wanted to add that the pictures at the top of the thread were taken one day before the ones farther down. Both sets were taken with the same camera. This iris is growing in an area far apart from all of my other iris so that there is no chance of a mixup. The color looks different because the ones at the top were taken around noon and in direct sunlight which cast a slight golden cast upon everything. That slight yellow cast added to the pink = peach or salmon. The 2nd group of pics were taken later in the afternoon when the iris was enjoying a more indirect, diffused light.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.