A Walk through my Gardens today

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

This is year 3 for "Huldine" and I am enjoying her as climbing rosa "Red Eden" is beginning to open her HUGE multi-petaled rose

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

"Huldine" is truly one you must have!

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

I thought this a neat pic..Clematis "Voluceau" with a seedhead...I also their seedheads are neat as well..but I do pinch them off..to encourage more blooms and not misplace their energy on ripening their seeds

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Even a fading "Voluceau" has her own beauty

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

My beloved Clematis "Nelly Moser" a staple in any clematis garden

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

"Mme Edouard Andre' " still popping out more and more as she climbs my Gazebo

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

I adore clematis "Proteus" yet after 6 years I have still not seen a double..boohoo..

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Clematis "Comtesse de Bouchard" is starting to open..so many buds

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Clematis "Ernest Markham" deserves a spot in the garden for he has his own beauty..don't you agree..his blooms are much larger this year as he is 4 yrs old

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Another one that I wonder if I shall ever have a double...Clematis "Beauty of Worcester"

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Clematis "Victoria" ..I'll get a better pic when she is fully open

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

This is very interesting and educational for newbies..I am Almost certain this is Clematis "Victor Hugo"..a newbie clematis will usually be smaller in size..minus a few tepals and even be off coloured..so don't be discouraged to thinking you have the wrong clematis..for either later on in the season or the next year they will look like the pics you usually see

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Clematis "Solina"

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

"Snow Queen" getting her morning kiss from the sun

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

"Empress","Proteus" and now "Venosa Violacea" is starting to join the chorus...how I love Clematis

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

I also enjoy collecting Crinums..Hope you've enjoyed have a great weekend..Jeanne

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
(Judith) Denver, CO(Zone 5b)

Thanks for the great photos, Jeanne. It makes the waiting in my zone more tolerable.

Delaware, OH

jeanne, does proteus ever bloom double down there in tx? i noticed yours were single, but is it the second blooming for them?

Athens, PA

Jeanne -

Gorgeous as always!

This will be my second year for Huldine - I got her from Jerome and I am excited about seeing what she does this year.

Delaware, OH

the zones are so different for us 5 er's compared to down south.
can you southern gals imagine the tender clem shoots coming up from the earth when the night time temps are in the 20's and day times in the 30's and 40's? that is what happens here in zone 5. however, this is what hardens them and prepares them for the summer and fall.
in addition to the 20 degree nightly temps when they start shooting up (at least some of them), we get daytimes in the 60's and 70's while still 30's at night. the vines go thru a lot before the temp is the sprouting temp of down south!

clematis are amazing that they can take this variability with not too much green wilt ( weather damage)...just amazing plants. and the winters are so cold compared to south, that is why our p 2's sometimes get treated like a p3, as they are pruned by the wind and snow over the late winter.......of course zone 5 is southern to you dawn...up there in the canadian frontier!

this afternoon and tomorrow afternoon my vines will be panting from the heat (high 70's predicted)..... and on their way to bloom time!

(Zone 4a)

Those clematis photo's put a nice big smile on my face - just gorgeous Jeanne.

I do love the colour of that Ernest Markam!!! So bright and pretty! Although they are all gorgeous!!!

Baton Rouge, LA

I always love seeing your blooms. It gives me hope for the future! More shipments came in today, so this weekend I'll be busy planting. THANKS for all the help y'al have given me! Evey =)

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Thanks yall...CG..ONCE I had a bloom at the bottom of one of my "Proteus" that had a set of Tepals and ontop were two extra little ones..LOL..that was the closest it came...
Carolyn...I have two "Huldines" and trust me it will become a fav in your gardens in no time..Jeanne

(Zone 4a)

Huldine is a group 3 right? I think that is the one I REALLY wanted for my pergola cause it also grows quite tall right? I am sure that was the one I was looking for but couldn't find it around here. I ended up getting John Huxtable though and I love that one. The flowers are so pretty!

Cincinnati (Anderson, OH(Zone 6a)

Hi, Jeanne,

Loved the tour of your clematis garden. I share your love for the Huldine, too. Very elegant flower.

And I love the shot of your Empress, proteus and VV together. All so pretty.

I can only hope! t.

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Thanks Tabasco and Dawn..Yes Dawn..clematis "Huldine" is a pruning group 3 just as "John Huxtable" Here is my "JH"...Jeanne

Thumbnail by JeanneTX
Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

Wow! Your Clematis get more and more beautiful each year! I love all of them! It would be very hard to pick a favorite among so many beauties!

Here is a picture of a mature "Victor Hugo".
http://www.clematis.hull.ac.uk/new-clemdetail.cfm?dbkey=2943

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.