Anyone received your Irises from Kanita?

Winnsboro, TX

I was just wondering if anyone that has sent their money has received any plants? It has been nearly a month since she offered them and then she had some she had dug up to send and shared the photos with us. I have written her but have not heard anything back from her. I'm just wondering when we're going to be getting the plants.

I'm interested in hearing from Kanita or anyone that has got their plants and so forth! I am anxious to get them and add them to my rolling hill of irises.
Happy Gardening, Marian

South Hamilton, MA

It is really too early to dig them.

Kansas City, MO

Given the facts I see in your message that sounds like a reasonable question.
It isn't too early to respond to your inquiries even if it isn't prime digging time.
Hope you hear from her soon.

Irisawe

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

I think digging, dividing, washing, trimming, packing, etc. is probably a much bigger project than she anticipated! She's "good people," so if she finds she's done all the digging she can stand, I'm sure she'll get things squared away (that is to say, she's not a scammer sort). I told her to take her time if she digs some for me... the longer they have between blooming and being dug, the better for them... but remember, spring comes earlier to CA, and also she is trying to clear these away so she can do other plantings in their place.

I think she's pretty busy these days, so she doesn't often log onto DG.

Melfa, VA(Zone 8a)

I haven't received mine but she did tall me she was going to start digging and shipping I think this past Monday. I know how it is...I get behind too so I really understand when others do too.
Debcr

Lebanon, OR

Anyone want to come and dig, clean, pack all the beardless orders I have until Mid May...then in Sept...

I would love the help and the pay is more iris!

LOL

D

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

Dee, if I lived just a little closer...

:-)

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

me too I'd love to come help just for the info I could gleen from you
but Michigan is a bit far ;0)
Gloria

Winnsboro, TX

Don't tempt me Dee, lol. I just wonder who would take care of all my plants and the two elderly men that I sit with? I could use a few more irises to plant on my hillside.

I wasn't complaining. I was worried because she showed us some pictures of some of the irises she had dug and all. I just wanted to make sure they were'nt laying around and drying out somewhere. I was also concerned because she said she was going to use the area for other stuff she wanted to grow.

I'd like to see how other people take care of their plants, dig them, wash them, label them, and ship them.
Not that I'm planning on doing any of it except for sending my end of trades. It seems like it takes me forever to dig them up, wash them and trim them up, label them (write on the leaves), let them dry and then pack them.

I guess alot of it has to do with me only having a few of my beds mapped out. Therefore if the irises are not in one of those beds I have to walk around until I find the iris I'm looking for. I need a better way of keeping up with where all my irises are planted so I can just say that one is here and that one is there and the other one is on row 4 about 1/2 way down. Right now my method is " There is no method" I've always just added more and more irises and mark them with the little signs from Paw Paws.

Thumbnail by lovelyiris
Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

I was just wondering if she is all right she cashed the one check for my dil but not for mine . this is a very busy time of year for all of us so I have to think shes realy swamped and will get to the sending of the Iris as soon as she can I bet she has a lot to send wishing her luck ;0)
Gloria

Lakes of the Four Se, IN(Zone 5a)

I contacted Kanita about a week ago since I was concerned my check had fallen into the wrong hands. She confirmed receiving my check and that she needed to let the iris dry a few more days. I understand she recently sustained an injury while cutting the rhizomes. I'm sure this digging/dividing project is a monumental task for her.

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

oh dear I'm sorry she got hurt hope shes better soon ;0)
Gloria

St Joseph, IL(Zone 5b)

Dee,
A road trip to OR sounds like good medicine and the hard work too. Wish I could. Have fun digging!!
Laura

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.