Resources thread - opinions, please!

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

We'd like to know what you think about the Clematis resource thread:

1) Is it helpful (i.e., did you learn about a resource you didn't know existed, or how to better use one of the resources it described?)

2) How could it be more helpful?

3) Do you have suggested threads from within the Clematis forum that should be included in the "Member's Favorite" area? Please be sure to let us know about them.

4) Other feedback for us?

Delaware, OH

many many thanks teri. there had been yak about this on the thread many times, but no action, so THANKS, from all of us regulars on the clem forum and for the many this will help in future.
great follow up and service from DG and we appreciate it much!

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Ditto CG, many thanks to DG and staffs who made this possible. It's very helpful and continues to be serving members for the long haul. I also like to thank 2racingboys for her idea and recommendation that we should get one (the sticky post) on our forum.

Delaware, OH

2racingboys, where are you? you got your stickey, time to make it work!!!!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Terry this is one of the best ( if not the best) resources for Clematis information and pictures so the link should probably be in the sticky somewhere.

Clematis On The Web

http://www.clematis.hull.ac.uk/index.cfm

carolvan

Delaware, OH

fancy van, yes COTW is the cat's meow for most of us. british clematis society also has a lot of information, even for non members that is accessible and good.

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

We've been saying that we need a Clematis Sticky and it will be a wonderful resource and learning tool for new and seasoned Clematis lovers. Thanks so much for your help, Terry!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Unfortunately admin does not agree!

To clarify, we have refrained from adding non-DG links because of the maintenance involved. We can't control or predict when websites will change their URLs, and our system has no way of automatically checking on links and testing to see if they are working.

So for that reason, none of the sticky threads we've created have links to outside resources. If a member suggests a particularly helpful DG thread that contains links to outside resources, we will include a link to that thread...the member who posted the link(s) can always edit and update the links as needed.

We would also like to encourage our members to help us "grow" PlantFiles--the Clematis area is large and growing; sharing your photos and comments is tremendously helpful.

In the sticky thread you'll find a link to the browse-by-cultivar feature for Clematis; hopefully it will help you find the information you're looking for, and/or discover areas where you can share what you know ;o)

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Thanks for posting that Terry - I did not want to copy your reply to me without asking permission and forgot to ask!

Delaware, OH

fancy van, we can tell folks about the resource, just not post a "link", right. like. put the web site address in but not a live link????

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

I think what we can do is make a thread with that link in it and post a link to the thread in the sticky

Terry - please let us know if this is incorrect.

This message was edited Apr 24, 2009 11:33 AM

That would be technically correct, although my suggestion would be to go through the existing threads, find those that are the most helpful and nominate them to be listed in the "Members' favorites section of the sticky, rather than consciously creating a new thread just so it can be added to the to list. (It's quite likely that several current threads have a link to the Clematis on the Web site.)

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Thanks Terry

Since we are recommending it all the time Im sure there are lots of thread where it is included!

(Maggie) Jacksonvill, FL(Zone 9a)

I'm so looking forward to the links to discussions of non-DG sources.The links in the winter sowing forum are awesome! http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/815465/ I think all the links to DG sources will be good for the newbies though. Thanks for setting that up Terri.

Maggie

Baton Rouge, LA

I would like to see our initial discussion about what to include in a sticky be linked to the sticky. Many people posted links that they thought would be useful in that thread. Here's a link:

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/959658/

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.