was tagged as "Alizes"

Crosby, TX(Zone 9a)

This iris was tagged as "Alizes" when I got it, but, now that it's bloomed - it doesn't look like any of the Alizes photos in plant files - wondering if any of you have any idea. It has a pale blue beard - not sure that shows up well in the photo. Really a pretty iris for me even without the name.

Connie

Thumbnail by diamndsnjns
Nilwood, IL(Zone 5b)

Looks like my Stepping Out but not sure. BEV

Thumbnail by dragonfly62
Crosby, TX(Zone 9a)

It does look a WHOLE lot like it. I figured out I got this one out of the bleek co-op last year - I'm getting with Bert and giving him a measurement on how tall it is - and I may be able to find out what I've got. Thanks so much for your input.

Connie

Happy Jack, AZ(Zone 5a)

Nope, it doesn't have stripes on it's hafts like Stepping Out does.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

I got an 'Alizes' too, so I'll keep an eye out for its first bloom... for me, though, that's not likely to be this year, as it generally takes 2 years for them to settle in here.

Gold Hill, OR(Zone 7a)

I ordered from the bleek co-op last year, also ordered 'Alizes', hope it is right, it should bloom next year. I also ordered 'Rave On' , nice bright orange TB, What I got was a SDB in yellow!!! Not what it was supposed to be at all!! I am hoping that the others will be what I ordered ..... Don't need anymore NOID's.

I wonder how many others out there got the wrong rhiz .....

DebiV

Here is a pic of what was labeled 'Rave On'

Thumbnail by Scorpioangel
Crosby, TX(Zone 9a)

I ordered Rave On also - it hasn't bloomed for me yet. I'm so new to this iris thing ALL of them are pretty to me - Bert said he thinks I ended up with Arctic Fancy instead of Alizes - I really like the one I got better.

Connie

Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

I think this is 'Arctic Fancy' in my garden... it's shorter, an intermediate as I recall. One of my favorites!

Thumbnail by critterologist
Chattanooga, TN(Zone 7b)

could be earl of essex which is an early bloomer and looks like that.

Thumbnail by GreenThumbsTN

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.