OMG…how do I get myself into these things!!

Ashland City, TN

OMG…how do I get myself into these things!!

I won an auction on Ebay for 300+ molds for $300!! Yeah for me – right? I rented a 10 foot Uhaul and drove 2 hours to pick up the molds. I walked into the building and how many molds did I find????

1200!!!! She said "all or nothing".

It took us Saturday and Sunday to move 1000 molds half of which are large to larger. We will have to make several trips in our truck to pick up the rest over the next week. It had rained so much that the Uhaul got stuck and we had to call a tow truck to pull us out…$85.00. Because the woman that bought the 1200 molds I already have has still not come to get the molds, I had no room in my two sheds here on my land so I had to rent a storage space - $90 a month. The storage space is about a 12 by 20 and it is full!! The Uhaul cost us 250.00 for 2 days – with insurance but because we had to make a trip home and back to her house again that was another 112.00. Gas for our truck (we took on the first trip) - $30. Gas for the Uhaul for 3 trips – 100.00. Can’t think of anything else right now…but my $300 went up to…about $925.00.

But on the other hand… the molds – on a scale of 1-10 are 10s plus. Great shape. Updated molds. She gave me 8 or so boxes of slip, a lot of new straps, tools, shelves, and stacks and stacks of books on how to paint each piece for the molds she has – those probably cost about 300.00. I have decided I am going to start pouring for Christmas and go to a Christmas craft show. She had at least 7 beautiful Christmas trees, Santa Clauses, etc, etc. Everything you could think of.

So that makes me having 2500 molds (cause I told the other girl she has to move these other molds by May 4 or the deal is off – she has drug her feet for 2 months already). I’m thinking of opening a ceramic shop where you can come in and pour your own ceramics and paint there in the shop. I want to get at least 3 people to go in with me so we can share the cost of renting a shop. Anyone want to go in with me?...lol…whew…my DH and I are sssoooorrreeee!!! He was a very good sport...especially cause I had promised him after moving the last 1200 a year ago, I'd never do that to him again:(

This thread has 15 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!