Neighbor DGers Needing Plants?

Barnesville, GA(Zone 8a)

Got all the help I need--thanks everyone.

I have way too many plants that need dividing before May 5th, please dmail me for more info.
Vi

This message was edited Apr 25, 2009 7:53 PM

Thumbnail by violabird
North of Atlanta, GA(Zone 8a)

LOL! wished i had that problem.

Lawrenceville, GA(Zone 7b)

Vi, I came through your neck of the woods yesterday, on the way back from Fl. How are things in your part of the state?

Barnesville, GA(Zone 8a)

Smelling great with 3 Banana Shrubs, my forest of Black Locust tree blooms, Halls Honeysuckle, Tea Olive and so much more blooming--too bad you didn't stop for a whiff! Thank God for the foot of rain we got, I've had things resurface in the garden that I thought were dead and gone. Then there's the weeds...

Thumbnail by violabird
Bluffton, SC(Zone 9a)

Strangely all the yards on my street are starting to look like mine. LOL. I seem to be the less than common plant supplier. Of course I keep the really out of the ordinary all to my self.

Lawrenceville, GA(Zone 7b)

Vi, there were some scary looking clouds when we came through. I was hoping somebody that needed the rain would get it. I think I was sleeping off and on the whole way home. We were gone Fri- Mon. afternoon and I came back to find hostas and solomon's seal about 4 inches tall that were no where to be seen on Thurs.
What is a banana shrub? Never heard of that one, bet it smells good though :)
I have to get out in the yard and battle weeds before they become a jungle. Have a good one!

Eatonton, GA(Zone 8b)

Hey there ,Raggedy, glad you are back safe and sound.
Viola, just a quick question, How do you ,or do you, keep the Black locust trees under control?
I was given one several years ago , not knowing what it was, and now I am fighting to keep the new suckers from sprouting. They are now coming up almost everywhere and up to 30 feet from the mother tree.
I want to get rid of them all but have no idea how Im going to do it!

Barnesville, GA(Zone 8a)

Eufaula, Now you know why I have a forest, lol. I don't mind cutting them out or mowing over them, I've been dealing with them for 10 years!

Raggety Ann, you must find a Banana Shrub and inhale deeply--you'll be hooked! To me, Figo smells like bubblegum and Skinners smells like Banana Rum.

Thumbnail by violabird
lagrange, GA(Zone 7a)

Hi Vi, Yeah I still love to say that. I was at Gordon with my grandson Monday for a tryout with the team. Haven't heard anything as yet but he did really well. I thought of you while there.

Barnesville, GA(Zone 8a)

Hi Jim, wouldn't you have had more fun helping me weed? Just kidding. Good luck to your son, Gordon is pretty nice isn't it? I love my little town.

Prattville, AL

Vi, I live in Alabama but haven't found the banana shrub in my area. Where did you find yours? Thanks
Lynn

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.