'bubble' in drywall next to wall heater

Santa Rosa, CA(Zone 9b)

Hello,

This is my first home, so I am slowly learning how to take care of and repair things. :) Last weekend we painting our living room, dining room and kitchen. (its a small house). In the process we discovered a large 'bubble' forming in the drywal next to a gas wall heater.

I don't know the first thing to do to fix this, or more importantly find out the cause. I am concerned that it may be some sort of water leak. But I see no other signs of a problem. The ceiling above the area is fine, the wall and ceiling behind the heater (its a double sided heater) appear normal.

Can some kind soul point me in the right direction to getting an answer for the cause and then getting it repaired. Can I fix it myself?

When I touche the bubble it does give a little, Im sure with a bit more force I would punch a hole in the wall/drywall. I dont want to do that - until I have to :)

Thumbnail by blackThumbz
This thread has 8 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!