greenhouse gardening and home plant sale

South Wales, NY

Anyone sell plants in front of their house? I had to clean out some of my over-crowded perennial beds and I didn't have the heart to throw the plants out so ( all the neighbors already have tons in their gardens!) I set a table out front and put a sign up and left a little box for the money. I put plants in pots and some in grocery plastic bags. I sold about a 1 gallon size for 3 dollars. I made 300 dollars over a 6 week period! I bought a small portable greenhouse for 142.00 dollars and I started a bunch of veggie seeds in it to sell. I am also planning to sell more of the perennials again. Any one else sell from home? I am newly retired and this is so much fun to do and I make a few dollars as well! I need ideas and input. Thanks!

Waterman, IL(Zone 5a)

Our road isn't traveled very much to do what you did, but congratulations on your efforts. A lady on the next road sells tomatoes that way in the summer with a little table and a money box. DH always stops there. It's nice to know you can still trust people.

Caneyville, KY(Zone 6b)

Yeah, LakeDust! Good for you!

Might try posting over in the Market Growers Forum about this. Lots of great ideas and suggestions for sales.

South Wales, NY

Thanks msrobin. . I'll put it on the market garden sight right now while I have the time!

Langley, WA(Zone 7b)

People do that all the time here. I think it's great!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.