What variety of tall bearded iris?

Auburn, CA

This beauty came with our property and I'd love to know what it is.

What I know:
Was planted sometime between 1982 and 2006. I'm guessing from the rhizome clump that it was most likely between 2000-2004.
Blooming now in zone 8A.
Has three blooms per stalk.

I'd be happy to give any other information if anyone has specific questions to help in identification.

Thumbnail by Algaedarling
Owasso, OK(Zone 6b)

It's beautiful! How tall is it and how big is the bloom, inches across? Is it just opening?
I'm not a very good identifier, but will try along with everyone else. As least you'll get some ideas.

Kansas City, MO

Looks alot like Imprimis.

Irisawe

Happy Jack, AZ(Zone 5a)

I'll second that guess of Imprimis. That is so pretty. The coloring on the S & F, the beard, the striping on the hafts look like the same iris.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Could also be Chinese Treasure

South Hamilton, MA

I'm voting for Impremis (blyth'93) myself. Time to pull the old trick about planting one next to it?

Gainesville, TX

It looks kinda like chinese treasure, but I believe My C.T. has an orange beard

Thumbnail by sharondippity
Raleigh, NC

nope, on my machine not Chinese treasure colors, especially beard

Blanchard, MI(Zone 5a)

My two cents: "Imprimus"

Thumbnail by DaLoveRat
Gainesville, TX

it's beautiful, Rat. What a great picture!! Please post in plantfiles.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Now I am convinced and want Imprimis to go with my other Blyth's.

Raleigh, NC

Algaedarling, whatever it is, we all want it, so be sure you post it on here when you get ready to divide it for trading! It's a keeper for SURE.

Lebanon, OR

Pajar

Wait until you see next years by Blyth! Makes Decadance and Adoree look so so...

Don't kill me yet hope to post pictures here this spring of some of them

D

Oro Valley, AZ(Zone 9a)

I agree, that is Imprimis. Rat, that is GREAT photo!

Dee, I hope to see those pics of Blyth's new ones for next year!

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

I will try not to sob about my Decadence which seems to have rotted without help from the gophers! Just rescued Drinks at Sunset from rambunctions new dog before she did too much damage. Just finished planting it in the front yard where she doesn't get to go except on leash. It is critter time in the Rockies!

Auburn, CA

Thank you for your answers all! I agree that it definitely appears to be Imprimis and have added my photo to the Plantfiles. When I divide it, I will certainly post it here for trading, though I will need instructions on how to ship it properly. I'm pretty new to this. :-)

Raleigh, NC

TB irises are usually shipped bareroot in July and August. very very easy.

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

Well, I would definitely like to trade you something for it. I will check to see what I have to trade.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.