ORVG COFFEE HOUSE # 151 - Spring it is!!!!

Sugar Valley, GA(Zone 7b)

We are continued from here: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/971542/

Thumbnail by DustyDS

I just posted on the other thread and you moved it ! hey what is up wit dat. ? lol :P

Copy & paste it over here...Toni too....

see if this works
i did Toni's too

Hey everybody!
I see a lots been going on. Forgive me for not checking in. Busy..busy.

Well Monterey is no more. The kids are all moved to RI and are calling me every 5 minutes giving me blow by blows on the unpacking headaches. Lt is on leave until May 18th and they drove all the way from Monterey by way of Disneyland and visiting family in Anaheim, Oklahoma, Indiana, and of course here. Oprah nipped at Alex and I thought Derek was gonna kill my dog. But he didn't and everyone is back in love. Elijah (the little one) isn't scared of her which is how to deal with her but Alex acts like she is a pit bull.

Garden is going strong. Perennials are coming up well. Got taters and onions planted and all of my okra, squash, melons, cukes, maters and peppers are sown and sprouting happily. The weather up here is cooling out finally and I will be able to get some carrots cabbage, lettuce and my greens out soon.

Other than that business is going ok. I have a lot on my plate with this which can be lucrative but tiring. Now that family stuff is all done I can dig in like I need to to get caught up,

So just saying hey.

Hugs and Love to all who need it.
DustyDS
Franklin, OH
(Zone 6a)
April 16, 2009
07:10 PM

Post #6420526

Good to see you Toni...

Time to move outta here...

We are continued to here: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/976210/

This thread is History!!
taynors
Urbana, OH
(Zone 5b)
April 16, 2009
07:11 PM

Post #6420533

Edit

Toni we missed you . Glad the kids are all moved in and settling . Poor Oprah was scared by the big ol'man did he scare her ? :)
closed up the GH and got some potted plants moved over there. I don't know if they will live but its worth a shot.
gonna hit bed early tonight
later
sue

it worked :)

ROFLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Cleveland Heights, OH(Zone 5b)

Thanks Sue and Dusty!

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

Back... I planted the three small Nanking cherries and then went and got a subway tuna for dinner. Too tired to cook. I skipped bringing in firewood, though... I'll just have to turn on the heat later tonight.

I did park down on the front lawn (where I've been planting my new bushes) when I got back... maybe I'll get to unloading all that mulch over some weed cloth tomorrow, or at least enough of it that the truck isn't sagging. The truck is feeling its age too. I MUST get a good bit of it emptied, because I have to load up and take amendments to my friend in Abingdon Saturday morning.

The Kid has promised she'll help me with the come-along to start pulling up all those sumacs that are encroaching; she's off for the next 2 days. I did dig up and pot a smaller one for Ric today. Man, it's difficult to stand and dig on that slope!

Lou, you have more blooms than we do around here, too. Must feel nice to see all those blooms! I still have a Christmas ornament you made several years ago... it will be nice to meet you.

Toni, glad you are coming to the RU so I can meet you, too. For me, Roundups are all about the people; plants and food are just extras. I haven't quite put all the new faces I met last June to the right names here yet... 'course I already had met many of you over the last 8 years.

The brunnera (Jack Frost) I bought last summer is blooming. I don't think I've ever had a plant whose leaves continue to get bigger over summer.

Thumbnail by darius
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Hope you get to feeling better Darius!
Rarely does a plant live up to it's hype.
Brunnera 'Jack Frost' definitely does.
Plus the bonus of the electric blue mini flowers.... Perfect.
Forget about the Brunnera 'Variegata' noy worth the effort and very short lived.
We've had JF for 5 years now and it just keeps getting better.

Well this is definitely a Cold.
I rarely get them but when I do......
It's in the stuffy/runny nose phase now so hopefully it's about gone.

Here's some volunteers.

Ric

Thumbnail by henryr10

took two more benadryl to keep my face from itching me to death. Can't see anything ,but my lips are dry dry dry and flaky, tingley , itchy , itchy . I dump chapstick on them. Ugh so annoying .
good night to you all
hugs
sue

Okay Toni... Now that you are here...HI!!!!
Glad CA is in the LTs rearview mirror...Ain't no place to raise youngins...
Also alot closer to here where he is now too...Maybe you will get to see more of them... :-))

AWWWWW Bro!!! Cookie came tooling across the yard with a trowel full of some of dem fer me!!!!
How many times do I gotta say ZICAM for colds???? IT WORKS!!

Jim and I got alot done today, even though it doesn't look like it...I got the Fascia board on the porch scraped, wire brushed and painted, and tomorrow the gutter goes up...We got 4 wheelbarrow loads of dirt up out of the hole in front of the side garage door, and hauled down to the bottom side of the pond to use for backfill...I soaked the hole for 20 minutes after raking and leveling it down...tomorrow I will soak it with my herbicide, lay the 3 layers of grasscloth, and shovel in the rocks...and that will be blessedly done, and ready for the new steps on that end of the porch...I loaded a wheelbarrow full of rocks that were at the other end of the porch, so I can transplant some shade plants that need to go there since the Mimosa tree is now gone...

We have enough gutter to go across the rest of the front of the house, but I need to get 2 end caps for it...We already have the downspouts for all of it...Then the front will be done except for painting the rest of the porch, and getting the beadboard on the ceiling...

I gave Jim a hair cut while supper was in the oven, and we got to watch Cookie and Bro plant peas and beets and whatever else while we were at it...LOL....and OH MY Whata view!!! ROFLLL...

Okay...Bons and Marcy... you two take care of those eyes...I'm sorry the both of you are having problems...Hopefully this beautiful weather will get us outside and blow off whatever ails us...

Darius....you take is easy...You are pushing far harder than I do, and I get hollered at...Pace yourself woman!!!

I'm off to play Canasta with my buddy in Scotland...He just messaged me and said he canna sleep...LOL

Niters Sues... hope you are better tomorrow!!! Hugggs!

You all have a wonderful night...and a better day tomorrow...

good night

Pleasureville, KY(Zone 6a)

Well, I didn't get one thing done today. I did get out and walk around and get an idea of what all needs to be done, but just couldn't summon the energy to get anything done. Tomorrow is supposed to be pretty, so I am hoping that I can get a lot done then.

So sorry to hear that several of us are suffering from allergies. They are so bad for me this time of year.

Toni, good to see you and glad to hear that your family is getting moved and settled in.

Marcy, how are you doing? Hope the eyes are getting better.

Dusty, you are getting bunches done, Don't overdo.

Ric, colds this time of year are worse than when in you have them in the winter. Take care, and hope that it is a short lived episode.

Lou, things are further along at your place. My lanium is up and looking good but no blooms, yet.

Got a call from the Dr office today, and all the blood tests are normal. Of course there is much that cannot be detected by blood tests, so we are back to square one. Have an appointment next week to discuss the next step. This is sort of the same thing I got when I had this 4 years ago. Everybody knew I was feeling lousey, in pain, no energy, but no diagnosis either. It passed, and I got over whatever, but I don't want to have to deal with another flair up, if I can get an answer. Thanks for your t & p's but keep them up, maybe change the focus to getting a diagnosis.

Off to bed, and I hope you all enjoy a good night.

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Bonnie...I sure hope they find out the problem for you!
I think like Dusty says...if this weather clears up...and warms up...we will ALL feel better!
The second eye drop seems to be helping...yayyy!! I can at least roll my eyeballs now, without it hurting. The itching has eased up too...and the redness. I look almost human again...lol!
Sue...what did the dr think your itching and breaking out was from? My DIL gets that way if she eats tomatoes.
Toni...good to see you. Glad things are going good for you.
Dusty..thanks for reminding me that I need to give Dave a haircut! I keep forgetting . Maybe that's a Freudian thing?
Well..I did work outside this afternoon...even though it was rather windy and cool here.
And I got a good bit done too. But I had my red nylon windbreaker on ...and caught it on a cage that's around my monkshood...and tore it. That really made me mad! I like that jacket, darn it! I don't think there is any way to repair it either. Bah humbug!
Ok...time for me to hit the sack here.
Sleep well everyone!!

Marcy.. there IS a way to fix it... Remind me tomorrow to tell you..I am dripping from the shower, and remembered I forgot to shut down my puter....Hugggs!!

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Good Morning!!!

I had a wonderful day yesterday. We had a nice lunch with M&D and we went at 11:00 so I had all afternoon and early evening to play outside. I did take my shovel to Berties and helped her get rid of some of the wild early phlox that was in the way of her mower. Got enough for me and had some to share with Dusty, too. I also dug up the 4 little seedling trees I brought back from CT last year. I see that I will have some other things to bring to the RU, so I will go update over there.

I will have to do the two briskets today. But after they're in the oven, I can do some playing outside again. I will get everything ready for the macaroni salad so I only have to put it together tomorrow as well. Oh shoot. Forgot I have to go to the grocery. :O(

Ric, sorry you have the sniffles, that's just no fun at all.
Marcy, glad you're getting some relief with your eyes.
Sue, hope your lips heal up soon. Too bad T isn't there to help keep them moist!
Bonnie, sorry they didn't come up with an answer for you. Prayers continue.
Robin, nice job on your fence, looks like a peaceful place to sit and relax.

We only got peas planted in that bed last night. 6 rows of sugar snap and 6 rows of wando. I LOVE peas! So the other bed is going to have to have a couple things I thought would go in this one.

Have a great day!

good morning
kids have a 2 hr delay ? why i didn't get a memo on it ? no idea .
so we are just vegging around .
gonna be a purdy day and tomorrow as well.
Marcy didn't go to dr yet. Its such a mild case i think i will stick it out. I used to think it was mangos (tropical fruit ) but i havn't had a mango in years ? so i m thinking orange juice is the only thing i added new to my diet ? so it may be just citrus ? in genral . ? i have no idea. I hope it doesn't get worse over the weekend uhg . :P
glad yor eye is healing well yeah on looking human again LOL ! :)
not much going on here
later
sue

ROFLLL T her to keep them moist LOLLL funny lady you are Cookie :)

Defoecat, my prayers are still with you that your doc will find out what's wrong and that it's easily treated.

Toni, good to hear from you. I was wondering where you had gone.

Ric, this is no time to be sick. I hope it passes quickly.

Going to play outside today. We'll be planting roses tomorrow. Got 19 from Palatine. That's about all of the roses our yard can hold. We lost a couple bushes over the winter (actually I think the windstorm did them in). We lost a deciduous holly, Winterthur viburnum, and my Beauty of Moscow Lilac. They were all only a few years old. That makes the third Winterthur that has died on me. Time to try something new.

I hope that everyone has a great day!

Columbus, OH

Though I've been MIA, I'm back! I had some house damage issues from weather, and then a little bit of surgery. My friends and family made me behave myself and not lift or move around, so gardening--even indoors--was tough. I'm back and on the mend, and glad to see everyone!

Bon's i was just reading about Fibro . says to take high doses of Vit D
shitake mushroom s that are sun dried are a good source. :) if you like mushrooms. ?
but i guess blood work would have showed that ? hmmm
Celene good to see you posting and am glad your back on track from surgery ! . we are glad to see you too.

Pleasureville, KY(Zone 6a)

Welcome back Celene. Hope you are on the mend.

I am going out to play today too. So need to get the grungies on and head out. Will catch up later.

Springfield, OH(Zone 6a)

Morning folks! Sorry I haven't been around , I do lurk tho...lol.
I just don't type so fast, and fing it hard to keep up with everyone on a daily basis.
It was a rough winter here for us. I have had alot of problems with my back. We stay faily busy. And now that Abby has her license I can have a little more time. She was wearing me out running all the time.
I was out a few minutes ago with Scooter, and it is a glorios day! I am truly getting very excited about spring and all the new room I have to play with. In the next couple weeks I will be going back to the old house and dig up some more plants! lol
The kids won't take care of them, or care that they are there so I'll go get them.
Neal, my lilies are up! YAY!
I just wanted to say hello, and hope that you all can get some time outside today, it sure is beautiful!

Cleveland Heights, OH(Zone 5b)

::::::::::Wavin' frantically to Everybody::::::::::::

(((((((((((((Muah!!!!!!!!!)))))))))

Good Morning! The sky bodes well for a lovely day here, yay! I slept hard and long, so here's hoping I have more energy today. You all may be right though that some of it is allergins... I'm coughing a lot today. I have to pick up my refill scripts today and I'll get some benadryl and find my inhaler...

Ric, so sorry you have a spring cold. I think those are the worst to have.

Sue, I used to break out from mangoes and tomatoes, and a bunch of other stuff. I found that taking 1-2 tablespoons of Bragg's unfiltered apple cider vinegar daily helps my system in good pH balance, and I can eat what I like...except for mangoes which I have to peel under running water before I can eat them.

Bonnie, the answer/diagnosis is there somewhere... keep searching.

Off to get my boots on and get outside...

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Good morning everyone! What a beautiful day! And I have to spend some of it getting groceries....darn!!!
But I am going to hurry and try to get back early, so I can get a little done here outside!
Dusty...yesssss!!! Tell me how to repair the jacket tear? Its a 3 corner tear.
Hi Celene and welcome back! Hope you are mending properly!
Hey Toni...you are as busy as Dusty!
Sandyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!! Good to see you too!!! Hope you are taking care of that back girl!
Hi Joyce, Sue, Bonnie, Darius...and oh shoot...Hi everyone!!!!!
All you lurkers too...Lou? Don? hmmmm..know there are many more!
Ric...I really am sorry about your cold. If you are like Dave...when you do get one..it's a doozy! Just keep tellin' yourself ...better days are coming!!!
Ok...guess I have done enough damage here for now. I best get off and get ready to go...so I can leave right after lunch.
Have a wonderful day all!!

Marcy... you have D-mail....

Good Morning everyone... will post later on.. we have an emergency repair to do out on the back patio...

Have a great day!!!

Has everyone seen this video of Susan Boyles yet? It's good!
http://www.popeater.com/television/article/susan-boyles-britains-got-talent/426649

YES! I saw that several days ago... I hope she wins the 100,000£... what encouragement for those not so young anymore, but still have dreams. Bravo, Susan!!

Seymour, IN(Zone 5b)

Score 100 for all us average looking folks !!!! What a voice---- I think we will hear alot more from her in the near future. Lou

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Cold is running backwards.
NOW I have the sniffles...... lol!

Our cat Katt has been sneezing a lot lately.
I thought it was alergies.
Robyn called me in yesterday afternoon saying Katt had a stick in her nose.
? So I came in... sure as heck there was something green sticking out of her nostril.
I snagged her in a blanket.... grabbed some needlenose pliers and latched on.
It was a 6" piece of grass..... followed by another one.
Guess she ate some grass .... yakked it up and it went out her nose.
How weird......

Ric

You could have gone all day without those details, Ric!

aawww poor Katt . :( glad its out.
yes is that woman lovely !!!!!! i cried her voice is just amazing . ! she was on a few morning shows today . I saw her.
Yeah for the Scotts !!!!!! wooooohooooooo

here is a fun one
its a long one but worth the wait
if you like Sound Of Music
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vq6b9bMBXpg

Okay, Taynors---now I'll be singing that song for the rest of the day! I LOVE that movie. We have the DVD and hubby made me wait until Easter weekend to watch it. I could watch it every week and not get tired of it.

Wouldn't it be great to see something like that in person? Wow.

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

LOL...leave it to Ric! Typical male...oops...did I say that????
That Susan Boyles is AMAZING!!!!
Well I sure got my walk in today! I parked at the main entrance...got my drug items...walked to the back to the garden dept...then remembered I needed to get an oil change while there. Soo...I checked out my drug items and plants (of course!)...and decided to walk clear back to my car at the other end of the lot. Did that...and then realized I had lost a flat of plants that was on the bottom of my cart! I retraced my steps...and sure enough, it was laying upsidedown on the sidewalk. Just as I got near it...a lady was walking up to it...lol. I said...I lost those off my cart. She sheepishly said..ohhhh ok...and walked on. I then walk clear back to my car...and drive to the back where you get the oil changed. From there...I walked..(inside) clear across the store to the grocery side and got my groceries...and then clear back to the automotive dept.
What a day! Needless to say...by the time I got home..and unloaded everything...I was DONE! So here I sit! Until Dave gets home that is.

Wow, Marcy...a five mile hike just going to the grocery! It sounds like your new knees are working good.

Caneyville, KY(Zone 6b)

Doing a run through some threads. Hello to all my DG friends!

DH got rained out early, then when the rain quit, he decided to go fishing. Didn't last long though, as it started thundering and lightening again. Rain was barely more than a sprinkle here, so I went ahead and planted some vegetables and flowers I picked up this morning. My little garden is beginning to look like a garden. Now if I can just get the rest of the weeds and grass out of the walkway.

Stay dry!

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

LOL Velnita! My knees are tired!!!! I was already hurting from working outside yesterday! I think I am done for today!
Msrobin....I meant to tell you I love your little fence! Good luck on the garden! We are supposed to be dry until Sunday here. And WARM!!!

Good afternoon...

Marcy, you really got a workout!

I got a lot done today (it's never enough), and other than being normal-tired I feel a whole bunch better than yesterday!

By some stroke of insight(?), I decided to put tall bamboo poles around the 3 new cherry bushes in addition to the short flags I placed yesterday. Not an hour later my sister backed up her car to turn around so she could drive out to work, and she ran into the poles; fortunately she didn't smash the bushes. (The bushes are planted on the lawn side of the driveway, and there's a gravel area turn-around on the other side.) I have NO clue why she decided to turn around on the lawn instead of the turnout, but she gave me a really nasty look as she burned rubber leaving, like it was MY fault. That whole side of the lawn is a mess anyway where she parked on it all winter instead of the driveway. Looks like PWT lives here... just need a broken-down sofa and a dead refrigerator on the porch... and a dawg under it, LOL.

Dang! I just fried some hard boiled eggs again. Forgot to set the timer. Grrrrr...

When I got my scripts refills, Walmart had tons of NOID hostas for $2. Ther weren't a store mark-down but printed tags $2 from the vendor, so most stores may have them. The two I got in quart pots (2 eyes each) were horribly root-bound but they will survive now that they are untangled and planted in good soil.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.