Mr. Jankins Collard Greens

Missouri City, TX

An old man lived alone in the country. He wanted to dig his yearly collard green garden, but it was always very difficult for him because the ground was hard. His only son, Junebug Jankins III, who used to help him, was in prison. The old man wrote a letter to his son and described his predicament.

"Dear Junebug Jankins the III,
I am feeling pretty bad because it looks like I won't be able to plant my collard greens this year. I'm just getting too old to be digging up a garden plot. If you were here my troubles would be over. I know you would dig the plot for me."

Love, Dad

A few days later he received a letter from his son:

"Dear Daddy Jankins,
Whatever you do, don't dig up that garden. That's where I buried the BODIES."

Love, Junebug Jankins III

At 4 a.m. the next morning, FBI agents and local police arrived and dug up the entire area without finding any bodies. They apologized to the old man and left.

That same day the old man received another letter from his son.

"Dear Daddy Jankins,
You can go ahead and plant the collard greens now. That's the best I could do under the circumstances."

Love, Junebug Jankins III.

This thread has 4 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!