spring in ct!

Milford, CT(Zone 6a)

my little greenhouse is plugging along , we had fresh salad for easter.. veggies are a blessing. turnips, four seasons, green ice, arugula, and spinach for the salad... turnip, swede, carrots, onions, and leeks for the soup. hmmm. is this guy is still sneaking in maybe we can have him too? ... the animals are everywhere this spring. this one keeps breaking in ... skunks will try soon as the cabbage is up.. any ideas? i have never been too successful at keeping them in their place in the spring..third year trying.

Thumbnail by jjconcepts
Milford, CT(Zone 6a)

either way, connecticut gives a cool spring on the shoreline, longer than the warmer north.. we have veggies under plastic through jan.. these were planted last week of feb, and every weekend a little more until end of march.

Thumbnail by jjconcepts
Milford, CT(Zone 6a)

a small 7 foot by 15 foot tube along the house.. half a day of sun.. ( the 10 by 15 cornfield would be bar too hot) as it is the soil is 52 degrees, a thermometer for the air read low of 31 and a high of 106.. a min/max themometer that was cleared two weeks ago.. time to keep the sides open during the day.. more critter problems to come.. there will always be some, we trapped 3 coons 2 shunks and a possum in live traps by our 5 chickens so far this spring....hmmm it's a war out here.. any ideas?

Thumbnail by jjconcepts
Westbrook, CT(Zone 6a)

What do you do with the critters after you trap them? Deport them to West Haven?

Milford, CT(Zone 6a)

should ship them there.. ... they head to eisenhower park.. it is honestly amazing how many animals pass through a yard in any given week.. i have a small motion activated hunters camera you can leave out for up to 3 months.. it fills up with shots almost 24-7.. first time using a camera in the yard.. sometimes you just don't wan't to know what goes on when you are not home...

Fairfield County, CT(Zone 6b)

Actually I would like to know who was taking my vegetables last year. What is the camera you were using?

Milford, CT(Zone 6a)

I use gamespy cameras.. the are great.. 70-80bucks..I have the 4 mp camera..it has a laser sight to aim it. and you pop in and out an sd card.. anything in front of it gets its picture taken. it uses a flash, and takes short movies during the day. over 30 feet the focus gets blurry, but good enough to see what is happening.. 4 c batteries and let it go rain or shine for almost 3 months. I pull the sd card when things start to get disturbed. fun for thee kids too.

The Monadnock Region, NH(Zone 5a)

What a great idea!

Milford, CT(Zone 6a)

they are pretty good. we have 5 chickens.. probably 3/4 acre 2 cameras cover the yard, and double as security.. best purchase, although they are flash photography at night.. ir cameras are a little expensive for me, you can see the flash at night sometimes when the coons and skunks come out.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

very cool... thanks for the camera info

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.