Wanted: Native US morning glorys

(Debra) Derby, KS(Zone 6a)

I am looking for morning glory seeds and tubers from all over the US that are Native to your state... I will be glad to trade or pay for postage ...
Native to US states only, please , I am working on a collection... thanks, Debra

(Phyllis) Osceola, PA(Zone 5b)

Hey Deb I have these white ones/sometimes light lavender that grow wild all around the edge of my woods
I'll try and get you either some plants or seeds...That'll be one from PA...49+ to go...LOL

YAY! Thanks, let me know how much to send you in postage

(Phyllis) Osceola, PA(Zone 5b)

Yeah right...LOL
Don't know when they'll start growing but i'll keep checking for them....

Dunmor, KY(Zone 6a)

I have a pack of "mixed wild morning glorys". I received them from winter sown but have no intentions of planting them. If you want them, you can send me a SASE or SASBE. Whatever you want them returned in.

that would be great, are they from kentucky? YAY! will get an sase in the mail.. thanks so much.. do you want anything in return?

Northeast, WA(Zone 5a)

Debra, I don't know what zone you are, your bio doesn't show that, but I would be really careful if I were you introducing things like that into your system. Those native morning glories that grow in Seattle area, zone 8, are so bad, you cannot get rid of them. Their roots go down 20 feet and sometimes get as big around as your finger.

If you try to pull them they break off and for everyone that breaks you get many more plants. Almost impossible to get rid of. Beware.

Just a suggestion.

Jeanette

thanks, jeanette.. I would love a root system that keeps coming back.. I have a bare tree they would look lovely on.. I am in zone 5, we freeze here.. no mgs have come back so far except for seeds that escape my dead heading..
I am willing to see how one that gets a root that deep does in my wild back yard!

Northeast, WA(Zone 5a)

All I've got to say is it is a good thing you are in zone 5. I am too and we do get little guys, but it is too cold for the big stuff like I described.

I just planted some morning glory tree seeds. Do you want a couple? They were sent to me so I don't have many. Also, I have some Japanese morning glory seeds. There again I bought some off of Marketplace. So, I have a few if you would like some.

Jeanette

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.