Polycarbonate multiwall siding

Chino Valley, AZ

I am preparing to build my greenhouse and plan on using 8mm triple wall polycarbonate siding. The problem I have ran into is that I can't find it in stores (i.e. Lowe's, Homedepot, etc.). I have been able to find it online, but the shipping and crating charges are very expensive ($150+)! Has anyone been able to find it at a large retail store, or know of another way to get it without having it shipped? I live around Phoenix, so if anyone knows any local suppliers, advice would be welcome! Thanks.

Thumbnail by soulfulwind
Rapid City, SD(Zone 4b)

I purchased mine from farmtek and was much cheaper including shipping then I could have purchased locally.

here is a link
http://www.farmtek.com/farm/supplies/cat1;ft1_greenhouses_accessories-ft1_greenhouse_accessories-ft1_greenhouse_covering;ft1_greenhouse_polycarbs.html

Chino Valley, AZ

Thanks for the info. I agree with you that having it shipped still might end up saving me money vs. buying it local (if I ever find it, lol).

(Sheryl) Gainesboro, TN(Zone 6b)

Hmmm - I lived in Phx and around thereabouts for about 6 years, and never really ran into a greenhouse supply. You could ask on the S'west forum, lotsa nice folks there.

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

Unless you happen to have a greenhouse supply place in your area I think you may have to order online. Places like Home Depot & Lowes don't usually carry things like that. And I think twin wall poly is still more common than triple wall, so even if your Home Depot is the exception and does carry some GH stuff they'd probably just have the twin wall.

North of Heber, AZ(Zone 6b)

There is a place in Phoenix, can't remember the name right now, but I called them fo pricing on twinwall about a month ago (I live north of Heber). It is a plastics supply place, not HD or Lowe's. Their price was the same as FarmTek, PLUS shipping! I figured heck, if I have to pay shipping AND then drive to Phoenix to pick it up (borrowing a pickup & trailer, I guess), I will be much better off paying FarmTek (plus shipping) and have UPS or FedEx or whichever deliver it right up here to my property!

Yes, it is expensive. I hope I can afford to buy mine this summer.

Chino Valley, AZ

I did the same thing AZ. We probably called the same place, lol. I found the lowest cost place I found was Greenhouse World.

http://www.greenhouseworld.com/polyethylene-and-polycarbonate_category.html

So I think I will end up having them shipped to my house too.

North of Heber, AZ(Zone 6b)

Thanks for the link. I'll check them out before I order.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.