Shed kits as greenhouses

Chino Valley, AZ

I just bought this shed kit to make into a green house. I have chosen the large kit
(10 X 22).
Nothing is included in the kit except for the metal links and braces, so I have to buy the lumber and siding separate. I plan to use polycarbonate multiwall as the siding.

Does anyone have experience with building a greenhouse from one of these shed kits? If so, what was your experience?

Thumbnail by soulfulwind
Rapid City, SD(Zone 4b)

We were going to do that with my GH. But just did it all from scratch. Because it is just the hardware from this you could place your braces anywhere, make the one side longer then the other... Anyway here is a pic of my GH.

Thumbnail by Polyacre
Rapid City, SD(Zone 4b)

and when finished! There are some other pic at my profile page

Thumbnail by Polyacre
Chino Valley, AZ

Wow! That's a great looking green house. Thanks for the reply.

(Sheryl) Gainesboro, TN(Zone 6b)

Have you priced out the polycarb? It's pretty pricey stuff. On another thread we were talking about the semi-clear fiberglass panels - if you need to save a big, you could use them for some of the lower parts and the clear polycarb for the roof.

(Zone 5b)

Polyacre very nice greenhouse! Did you use poly panels, how did you attach your panels?

Sw, be sure to post many pix of the completed thing and Good luck!

Rapid City, SD(Zone 4b)

BonnieIN. Thank you! I do love it. Yes they are poly panels, we purchased the hardware from Farmtek also. They are called H and U channels. Was really easy to get it all set up!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.