our grandson drowned yesterday

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

our grandson drowned yesterday

Hillsborough, NC(Zone 7b)

Lou
Sometimes there are no words.....

Please accept my condolences for your great loss

Christi - my thoughts are with you and your family in this tragedy. Very sad for you and also for the boy's parents.

This message was edited Apr 15, 2009 11:13 AM

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

So sorry to hear about your grandson. Hugs to you and your family.

Mérida, Yucatán, Mexico(Zone 11)

I'm so sorry, that is the most horrible news. There are no words.

Hillsborough , NC(Zone 7a)

My dearest Christi, I am so terrribly sorry. You and your family will be in our thoughts and prayers.
With love,
Jenn

My condolences goes out to you to Christi. You and the family are in my prayer's.

Rachel

mulege, Mexico

Christi - What terrible news. My thoughts and prayers go out to you as you deal with the pain of this loss.

love, katie

Keaau, HI

Sorry to hear the news Christi.

Thumbnail by Metrosideros
Portland, TX(Zone 9a)

Prayers going your way Christi! So sorry to hear about your GS.

Richland, MI(Zone 5b)

Oh, Christi! such a tremendous loss for you and your kids! It's a terrible time, such a shock! I'm so sorry, please accept my condolences. I don't know of anything I can say to lift some of your pain... I'll be praying for you and your dear ones. May God rest his soul!

Sending you big gentle hugs and all my love,
Alexandra

Thumbnail by goofybulb
western sydney nsw, Australia

So sorry to hear of your loss sending hugs and prayers to help you through this sad time .
Sammut.

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

For those folks who may not visit the Prayer Requests forum, LouC put more details there about what happened:
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/975535/

This is NOT an attempt to get this thread moved/closed/merged/anything of the sort. I am only giving folks an opportunity to maybe understand what LouC is going through in this tragedy.

Best wishes,

Morgan

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Oh my dear sweet Christi. My heart just caught in a vise when I read your message. I don't know what to say other than you know I am sending warm loving thoughts your way, wish I were there to let you cry on my shoulder.

All my love to you and Mike and the family,
Shari

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Oh my dear Princess, warm hugs and love.

curacao, Netherlands Antilles

This is so, too sad. Be together.

Red Oak, TX

Christi, I am so sorry for you and your family.

(Kim) Philadelphi, PA(Zone 6a)

My prayers are with you and your family Christi.

noonamah, Australia

Really sorry to hear of this tragedy, thoughts are with you and your family.

Cochise, AZ(Zone 8b)

My prayers and thoughts are with you. I am so sorry.

Keaau, HI(Zone 11)

Oh PK...what sad news!!! You must be ripped apart! Our love and (((((())))) to you (those were hugs)...

Kalola

el arish, FNQ, Australia

Christi, I'm so sorry. Words are inadequate. Ann

Kealakekua, HI

So sorry.

New Delhi, India(Zone 10a)

Please accept my respects and condolences...I am praying for your grandson's spirit to be protected and safe wherever he is going. I also pray for you and the rest of your family to be with the warmth of love, joy and enrichment that he brought to your lives so that you stay with the happy memories.

Nalin K Nirula

Delray Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

Oh, what horrible, horrible news! Words fail me. Gail joins me expressing our deepest condolences. Your grandson is with the angels. We will pray for you and your family.

Eternal rest grant unto him, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon Aaron Michael. May the souls of the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace. Amen.

Respectfully,
Gail & Sylvain.

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Aaron Michael Christian
Aaron Michael Christian of DeSoto, Texas, beloved son, brother & uncle, passed away April 14, 2009. He was born September 1, 1983. An avid fisherman, Aaron loved being outdoors. He is survived by his parents, Mike & Kelly Christian; brother, Colin Christian; niece, Erin Elizabeth Christian; grandparents, Mike & Christi Gibson and Robert & Linda Christian; great grandmother, Evelyn Davenport, along with many aunts, Uncles, cousins and friends. Funeral Service is 2:00 PM, Saturday, April 18, 2009 at Hampton Road Baptist Church, 400 N. Hampton Rd., DeSoto, TX. Burial will follow at Laurel Land Cemetery. The family will receive friends from 6-8 PM, Friday at Jaynes Memorial Chapel in Duncanville.

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

This has been the hardest year of my long life. Without my friends here on DG, I would not have made it. Many, many of you have lost dear loved ones, I know that. I am sorry that I continue to be so selfish. Tomorrow is one year. Where did the time go? The idea that a grandchild would go to eternity before I would, never, ever entered my mind. God has taught me many lessons in this past 12 months. I'm trying very hard to listen to Him. April 14 will forever be a day of tragedy.

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

kisses and hugs

Port St Lucie, FL(Zone 10a)

So sorry for your loss. I will keep you in my prayers as you remember this young one. May God bring you comfort.

Keaau, HI

Best wishes LouC,

May this next year bring peace and happiness to you and your family.

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Thank you for your kind words once again. Seems like only yesterday. Without your support, I could not have progressed this far.

I love each of you very much.

PK

mulege, Mexico

You and your grandson are both in my thoughts and prayers. May you find more peace this year and may the pain lessen.

love, katie

Keaau, HI

God bless.

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Big hugs Christi!!

Delray Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

Princess, I remember when you announced that dreadful news like it was only last week. We are still with you in this. It is said time heals all wounds. Sometimes, it would be nice if time worked a bit faster. Gail and I send prayers.

Lovingly,
Malama & Pu'ole, a.k.a. Gail & Sylvain.

Keaau, HI(Zone 11)

Hugs to you, Christi!!!!

Do not stand at my grave and weep,
I am not there, I do not sleep.

I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glint on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn rain.

When you wake in the morning hush,
I am the swift, uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circling flight.
I am the soft starlight at night.

Do not stand at my grave and weep.
I am not there, I do not sleep.
Do not stand at my grave and cry.
I am not there, I did not die.

Canon Henry Scott Holland 1847-1918

So sorry for your loss.

Melissa

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Hugs and kisses Christi and Mike. We love you so very much. You are in our prayers.

That is a beautiful poem Melissa. Thanks for posting it.

Jeanne

Hillsborough , NC(Zone 7a)

Thinking of you both on this sad anniversary...
Love from us all.

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Melissa, we asked the pastor to read that same poem at the grave site. It is so true.

Thank each of you. May God protect you.

PK

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.