For all you baseball fans out there .....

Linthicum Heights, MD(Zone 7a)

Two 90-year old men, Moe and Sam, have been friends all their lives. But now Sam is dying, and Moe dutifully visits him every day in the hospital. One day Moe says, "Sam, we both loved baseball all our lives and we played minor league ball together for many years. Please do me one favor: When you get to heaven, somehow you must let me know if there's baseball up there." Sam looks up from his death bed and says, "Moe, you've been my best friend for years. If it's at all possible, I'll certainly do this favor for you."

Shortly afterward, Sam passes on. A couple of nights later, Moe is awakened from a sound sleep by a blinding flash of white light, and a voice calling out to him. "Moe, Moe!" "Who is it?" asks Moe, sitting up. "It's me, Sam." "Sam, oh my goodness, where are you?" "I'm in heaven", says Sam. "And I have some really good news, and a little bad news." "Holy smokes! Tell me the good news first," says Moe. Sam says, "OK, the good news is that there's baseball in heaven. All of our old buddies who died years ago are here, too.
Better than that, we're all young and spry again, and it's always springtime, and it never rains or snows. Best of all, we can play baseball all we want, and we never get tired!" "That's fantastic," says Moe. "Beyond my wildest dreams! But Sam, tell me, what's the bad news?" "Moe, my old friend, the bad news is ... you're pitching on Tuesday!!!"

This thread has 3 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!