Mutant daffodils??

Charlevoix, MI(Zone 4b)

My dwarf daffodils barely have a stem...are they afraid of this cold Michigan spring??? :)

Thumbnail by MsKatt
Charlevoix, MI(Zone 4b)

Another view

Thumbnail by MsKatt
Macomb, MI(Zone 5b)

beautiful things come in small packages ^_^

Charlevoix, MI(Zone 4b)

My daughter says they're "sooooo ccuuuuuute!!' (said in a high-pitched, 12 yr old girl voice...)

Caro, MI(Zone 5a)

I'd have to agree with your daughter! : ) Every Michigan garden needs some daffodils and those are just adorable. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Mary Ellen

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

MsKatt did you do the co-op in the fall with Lorraine. Im not sure but I think I got mine like that from her! I have never had such short daffys. But this year they blossomed like that I even have more coming up that short. I think they are kinda cute also. Was surprised to see you post. Ronna

Thumbnail by gardenlady123
Charlevoix, MI(Zone 4b)

No, I didn't do the coop, I can't even remember when I bought these, lol. I know they bloomed normal last year!! :)

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

I think there soooo cute too I love daffs no matter how tall they are at least the snow wont knock them flat like mine get every year (I hate that) ;0)
Gloria

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

those are 2 different daffs!!

kat-yours is just a mutan!!! regular daff that just didnt get tall

garden-your is a smaller type-i have some mini daffs even smaller
there are mini tulips you can get too!!!

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

I have never had a daffy be so short this is the first time for me. These are all new cause I did not have any daffys in this border before. I just put the border in last summer. New bulbs also. So go figure! Ronna

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.