Green Thumb Plants Sale in Columbia April 18

Columbia, SC(Zone 7b)

If you can't make it to the Greenville or Charleston Plant Sales for the Native Plant Societies (man, I wish I could be 3 people!) and you are in the Columbia area, drop in to the Greater City of Columbia Garden Club [strong]Green Thumb Plant Sale [/strong].

All plants are supplied by members and there will be some rockin' passalong and heirloom varieties that they just do not sell at the big box stores. There will be some great plants if the Dec. Flower Show was any indication.
On Thursday evening, since I am helping with set up, I will post a list of some of the plants that will be offered at sale(hopefully, unless I am too tired).

All proceeds go to help beautify the City of Columbia, help local Garden Clubs, and send deserving children to summer camp (and maybe get them hooked on the Outdoors).

It will be this Saturday, April 18th in Maxy Gregg Park inside the Garden Council Building, 1605 Park Circle, Columbia from 9 am to 1. That is the small building in Maxy Gregg Park at the corner of Blossom and Pickens - enter on the Pickens side. Map link here http://tinyurl.com/Columbia-Garden-Council

For information before April 18 -Dmail me.

Thumbnail by pyromomma
Columbia, SC(Zone 7b)

bUMP

Columbia, SC(Zone 7b)

Update on the Plant Sale at maxy Gregg park tomorrow.
Doors open at 9 am.
I was there helping today and the plants are gorgeous and very (dirt ! ) cheap!
Hybrid daylilies for $5 a bag (from a local breeder). They have not bloomed yet and so you will get to see the crosses. 3-6 fans (huge ones!) per bag.
Classic old-style orange dayliies for $4 for a huge bag
Many other dayliles from 50 cetnws to $2

Heirloom tomatoes for 50 cents each from Rodger Winn Heritage Farm in Little Mountain.

Mints and herbs for 50 cents to a dollar (including huge pots of Lemon Balm and Jacob Cline Bee Balm for $1-$2)
Asnise basil
Orange mint
oreganos
dill
others

Many trees including
Tung Oil Trees ($5)
Sweetshrubs $1-4
Clerodendrum Cashmere (Mexicali Rose) $3 ea

Many Many native plants (drought tolerant and easy to grow) raniging in prices from $1-8
including (but not limited to - there are a huge number of plants_
Sweetshrub
Red Buckeye
Carolina Allspice
Bridal veil spirea
chaste tree
Native Coral Bells (Huechera)

Huge number of perennials (most for $1 or less for large pots) incliuding
Rudbeckia hiurta Black eyed Susans
Rose Campion (huge gallon pots with 30 inch tall clumps)
Lambs ears (stachys)
Woods Blue Aster
Stoksia
Shast Daisy
Blue Cornflower
Pink and lavender Thrift $1-3

Also Night blooming cerius (sp) queen of the night $3
Kalanchoes 50 cents to $1
Aloe Vera 50 cents to $1
Sansaverias $1-2

Rabbits Foot Ferns for $2-3
Many other houseplants way cheaper that you can get them at Wally World!

Hope you can go!

It will be this Saturday, April 18th in Maxy Gregg Park inside the Garden Council Building, 1605 Park Circle, Columbia from 9 am to 1. That is the small building in Maxy Gregg Park at the corner of Blossom and Pickens - enter on the Pickens side. Map link here http://tinyurl.com/Columbia-Garden-Council

Columbia, SC(Zone 7b)

lots of great stuff!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.