pink double delight, coconut lime

Upstate, NY(Zone 5a)

There is no evidence of life on my pdd and cl!! Do you think it might be too early to tell if they made it or not? I can see growth on my other cone's!! So sad!!

(Clint) Medina, TN(Zone 7b)

I have these and they all returned for me here in Zone 7. I did lose one Pink Double Delight in a pot, but the ones in the ground came back. They are just as tough as the regular old Echinaceas here. I even rooted a cutting or two from all of them and even the cuttings came back. These are the most hardy of all the new Echinaceas for me.

Did you plant yours in Fall or Spring? I think it's important to plant these as early as possible and give them time to establish, especially in your zone. I'd definitely try to get these established. They have so many blooms compared to the others and the blooms seem to last longer to me.

McLean, VA(Zone 6b)

I still have some plants that haven't come up yet. Don't give up hope.

Upstate, NY(Zone 5a)

Thanks, will let you guys know if I see signs of life.

Iowa City, IA(Zone 5a)

I'm in the same zone as you, both my PDD and CL are well on their way. I planted both of mine in the middle of summer last year. The PDD was a big plant already, the CL was tiny but mighty!

Upstate, NY(Zone 5a)

PDD has growth but nothing on the CL!! Darn!! But I'm still waiting....maybe?

Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

My Coconut Lime is showing no signs of having made it through the winter... I planted it spring time last year and with the nice blanket of snow on top of the leaf humus I put on it, you would think it would make it. We are still cool so maybe there is hope that next month it might show itself. I so enjoyed it last year.

Janet

Deer Lodge, MT(Zone 4a)

Don't happen to have the PDD...but, am happy to say that my CL is coming right along on it's third season. I don't cover them for the winters and they either make it or they don't...so am happy to report that this one does very well for Montana. My Tiki Torch made it through as well.

Included a pic from last summer of CL.

Thumbnail by edder
Upstate, NY(Zone 5a)

CL IS showing signs of life!!! Very tiny leaves are just poking through the surface of the soil!! PDD is doing well and has been showing signs of life for a week now! PHEW, I feel better now!!

Chattanooga, TN(Zone 7b)

isn't head-hunting a fun thing to do when you're successful in finding little green shoots poking out next to the markers?

Putnam County, IN(Zone 5b)

I may have to break down and buy CL...it is starting to grow on me!!!

Upstate, NY(Zone 5a)

Very exciting!! I can't wait to see all my babies in bloom!!

(Clint) Medina, TN(Zone 7b)

These 2 plants, Coconut Lime and Pink Double Delight are the two best new Echinaceas in my opinion, especially Pink Double Delight. It has more blooms and it is very winter hardy. They also have tons of basal branches which makes them very easy to propagate.

Upstate, NY(Zone 5a)

AND my Tiki Torche is showing signs of life now too!!! It keeps getting better and better!! I love my Conies!!

My After Midnight bit the dust.....bummer!

Upstate, NY(Zone 5a)

THANK YOU NANNY!! I have been looking at what I know is a coneflower and wondering what the heck one is it....Then you come along and mention After Midnight and BAM it hits me! I bought 2 of those last year and that is what is planted there!! Thanks so much. I forgot all about them! I'll let you know how it does. I don't think it is ready for division this year since it was brand new to me last year but remind me and I'll send you a piece when it is ready!!

LOL...Glad I could help you out!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.