Lost Tag

Richmond Hill, GA

Can't find my tag for this one anywhere. I think it's from a co-op last year. A stunner regardless.
Arlene

Thumbnail by cattjovi
Richmond Hill, GA

Another view.

Thumbnail by cattjovi
Raleigh, NC

Arlene, your best bet is to go back to the co-op and research all the names of the ones available in the co-op. or research all the names from the list you bought. there will be photos of most of them in Plantfiles. If it was a DG co-op, those threads are probably still present if you look for themm, so you can find a list of what you bought and reverse ID - figure out what you bought that's still tagged.

that's a self or nearly self, and there's probably 200 irises currently on the market that look like that, so guessing at the name is nearly impossible. very unlikely you could come up with the right tag. I have 4 in my garden that look similar to your bloom, all have different growth habits, that's how I tell mine apart.

Richmond Hill, GA

Bon, Thanks, took your suggestion. I think it's Black Hills Gold. I ordered one in the Hanks 2007 co-op. Do you have that one?
Arlene

Raleigh, NC

black hills gold jewelry is a tri colored gold, green and yellow and pink. the iris Black Hills gold, to my eye has a slight flush of pinkpeach in the gold coloring. I can't tell from your photo if yours has that.

was going to send you the specifics from the checklist, but I've forgotten my password. just emailed them to get it, and I'll put it here for you so you can compare yours. don't recall BHG having any white on it, though. I could be wrong.

Richmond Hill, GA

The only other yellow I bought in the co-op was Conspiracy. Still guessing here on which it could be.
Arlene

Richmond Hill, GA

I found the tag for Black Hills Gold while cleaning out another bed this week. The two beds are completely on the oppostie side of our large back yard so I'm certain now it's not Black Hills.
Arlene

Raleigh, NC

well, my eyes are not perfect, but I was pretty sure there was no pink flush in your photo ^_^

I'll check my own "plant files" - photos lifted from internet I keep for ID purposes.

Raleigh, NC

hmmmmmm

the photo I've captured from internet - and on this one I don't have from where, shows Conspiracy is a dusky medium cherry red with a purpleorchid flush on the falls.

OH! here is another one - the photo is from Napa iris.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.