Re did my daughters room

Fayetteville, NC

My mother and I redid my daughters bedroom. Everything was fairly cheap that we bought or made. So, first I started off picking out the bedspread so we could go off that. I found one at Montgomery Ward.com. After, waiting for them to send it and they sent the wrong item that wasnt even a bedspread and then waiting again I finally just went and started picking out decor for the room without it. The paint is called cotton candy pink it is not to bright and it isnt to light. All the furniture that used to be in her room was the bookshelf and her tall dresser. I hang up pretty much 80% of her clothes so more dresser space really isnt needed for now. She wanted a bigger bed so we took the one from the spare bedroom and sold her twin. We went to a place called Carolina Pottery and found the night stand it is actually a side table for a outdoor wicker set. The top flips up for storage. We added some plexy glass on the top so she can put what all she wants on it and glued down the plexy glass. The headboard is made out of a sheet of plywood, foam, and fabric. We put some nails in it once everything was covered and hot glued some flowers over the nails. I picked up some pictures without frames and found a cheap frame and spray painted it then added the butterfly and dragon fly that I bought at the Dollar Tree. The butterfly picture frames were also found at the Dollar Tree. The curtains my mother made and added the dots on to them. Her shade on the night stand was decorated with scrap booking stickers and we added the frenge stuff to it as well. So, if you are looking to decorated your childs bedroom it is fairly cheap and relatively easy. Here are a couple pics. This room isnt finished yet still waiting for my husband to put up the shelves over the bookshelf so we can add the pictures my mom made out of foam shapes and scrap booking stickers. The wicker shelf we are still trying to figure out a way to repair it from where my moms cats used it as a scratch post.

Hope you enjoy!

Kayce

Thumbnail by KMiragliotta
This thread has 11 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!