We got the edge of the storm

Saluda, SC(Zone 8a)

We were just on the edge of the storm tonight. It started with continuous rumbling thunder and built into a full blown wind, hail, rain, lightning thunder episode. I know at least one tree was blown across a car and I have heard the emergency alarm sound several times tonight. Will get the details tomorrow from my son-in-law who is a volunteer with the fire department. I almost dread going out to look at my plants in the morning. Right now at 11PM it is raining heavily, but the other conditions have quieted except for thunder rolls.

Columbia, SC(Zone 7b)

Got rain in Whitehall but no high winds. Did hear a number of sirens, but calm now at 4AM

Saluda, SC(Zone 8a)

Almost afraid to go outside this morning, but as soon as it was daylight I walked outside, and what did I see? THESE BEAUTIES LOOKING BACK AT ME !! I couldn't believe how little damage to my plants there was after having experienced the wind, hail, and pounding rain last evening!! I feel blessed already today.

Thumbnail by gessieviolet
Seabrook, SC(Zone 8b)

It was pretty noisy here about 3:30 in the morning, but no damage that I can see. Lovely iris!

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

Blew part of my fence down .. fixed it sort of .. looks terrible .. rumors of round 2 this afternoon.

X

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.