Tornado in Murfreesboro, TN

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Just heard this on the news a bit ago.
Wondering if anyone knows if our friend Terry is OK ?
That is her town.
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jW-BndswWuhgPAPXOK4Q6TCQsANQD97FS5DG0
Bernie

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

Mel said Terry has checked in and they are okay.

Check out this map. I added the red square to show where Terry lives. She was within a mile of this massive tornado.

Thumbnail by dave
Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

Very, very scary!

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

I'm glad Terry is ok, too!

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Thanks for the information.
I'm glad Terry & family are OK.
So sad when people are confronted with this kind of disaster.
Bernie

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

Very scary! Glad to hear Terry's OK though!

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

My heart skipped several beats when I saw this. We experienced a tornado in 1994 and it is much, much worse than the pictures can show.

How thankful I am that she and her family are ok. We must pray for so many others that have had their lives turned upside down.

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

Thanks for the well-wishes. The map says a lot--we were close...too close for comfort. But we're very thankful we're fine, our home is fine, etc. Many of our nearby neighbors were not so fortunate today.

The Woodlands, TX(Zone 9a)

My DD, who lives in Shelbyville, told me about the tornado warnings today, and that Murfreesboro was hit hard. My first thought was of you. I am so glad you are OK! Prayers for all of those whose lives have been impacted, especially for the young mother and her baby - and her family.

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

Terry,
I'm glad you guys are all okay! That sure was some scary weather that passed through. It caught our attention.

Crossville, TN

I just heard of the tornado at bed time...and started praying for you Terry....I am so glad to awake to the good news that you are OK. Jo

Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers. We're fine...and very grateful that we came through unscathed.

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

With DG family scattered all over the map, the weather reports have taken on an even greater depth. Different when you know someone in the area. Indeed, we will be praying.

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

Thank goodness you, your family & home were unhurt! It was too close for comfort! I was so sorry to hear about the devastation, injured & killed. My prayers are with them.

Savannah, MO(Zone 5b)

Terry I'm late but just saw the news about the tornado in your area and was glad to see on this thread that you and family are fine. My prayers are with you and all those who are or will be affected by this storms devastation. Savannah(Mo.) had one go through north of our rural town a few years ago. Peoples lives and the areas hit are often changed forever. Again, I'm glad you and family are safe and your home was'nt destroyed.
Cuckoo

Charleston, SC(Zone 9a)

Terry,

I'm so very glad to hear that you and your family are doing fine. When I heard about the storm on the news, I thought "now where have I heard that town name before?" that sure sounds familiar". Moments later I realized it was familiar because I had seen it so many times under your name. I have come to the computer today to check on you and Dave (since there was also bad news in TX) and several other DG friends who I know live in the area. Again, I am very relieved to hear that the tornado managed to pass you by without harm.

Glad to hear that you are also safe, Dave.

Efland, NC(Zone 7a)

It sure is an eye-opener seeing firsthand what a tornado can do. Glad you and yours are okay, Terry. I also hope your neighbors are getting the help they need right now. Sure makes you feel blessed, eh?

Shoe

Poquoson, VA(Zone 8a)

Terry, so glad you are okay, and prayers are going out to those in your community who were not so fortunate.

Love,

Bonnie

Thanks to all--yes we are extremely grateful that our home wasn't hit...we drove around a bit tonight and saw some of the damage, but really it's only the tip of the iceberg, as they have cordoned off the streets where the worst damage occurred for safety. (A lot of folks are still without power, or are just now getting it back this evening, lots of downed power lines and scattered debris.

It's sobering to have this type of devastation happen this close. I hope it keeps me mindful when I see other towns on the news, and know they need all the prayers and donations we can provide.

I'm thankful that you and your family are safe Terry. My heart goes out to all affected by this awful storm.

(AnjL) Fremont, CA(Zone 9b)

wow terry, that must have been too close for comfort! I know the heartache the town is feeling, we've had major fires, and major earthquakes here....really nice to see everyone come together to help those in need. Glad you and your family are unscathed and sending prayers and well wishes for your town.

{{hugs}}
AnjL

Wow Terry ... sorry I've just seen this, but with the holiday etc I've just found out about it. So glad you and your family are okay. The weather round about has sure been crazy this year!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.