Daily Pictures Vol. 202

Putnam County, IN(Zone 5b)

Chipping Sparrows everywhere now!

Thumbnail by nanny_56

Male Brown-headed Cowbird...the females are showing up in numbers now.

Thumbnail by nanny_56

The Red-winged Blackbird has shown back up!!

Thumbnail by nanny_56

Wasn't fast enough on this Blue BIrd!!

Thumbnail by nanny_56
Manzanita, OR(Zone 8b)

Great photos once again.
PNW that Pigeon is beautiful.
Gras, love that Goldeneye.
Nanny, I'll never get tired of seeing your beautiful Grackles and Cowbirds. Nice Cardinal and Red-winged too!

My Bullock's Oriole was showing off yesterday.

Thumbnail by ducbucln
Manzanita, OR(Zone 8b)

He looks so mean here.

Thumbnail by ducbucln
Marlton, NJ

Lovely shots nanny!

Beautiful Oriole duc!

Livingston, TX(Zone 8b)

Great picture of your oriole. We don't see many of those on the coast.

Livingston, TX(Zone 8b)

Here is a shot of my Red bellied lady while she was eating yesterday.

Thumbnail by DaneaJ
Marlton, NJ

Very nice pic Danea!

Actually that is a male, the females have a grey section on the top of their head.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

lovely shots all

Manzanita, OR(Zone 8b)

What a beautiful woodpecker Danea. He seems to love that suet. Did you make your own holder for it?

Norman, OK

Cold, cloudy, low-light day here. I haven't seen a Goldfinch in 3 weeks and this fellow shows up today. Only got one shot before a pair of Starlings scared him away. He is lookin' good in his breeding plumage.

Thumbnail by reddirtretiree
Manzanita, OR(Zone 8b)

Great picture reddirt. Looks like he was wishing you a good spring day.

Norman, OK

He sure appeared to have on his finest Easter attire. Brightened a gloomy day. Looks like most folks are taking a day off from birdwatching. I've had 11 species visit today. About average.

Here is a soaking wet little Titmouse stopping by.

Norman, OK

And a little female Lark Sparrow on my study steps. As you can see, I sprinkled birdseed out there all winter and now it is sprouting everywhere. I got a complaint from the Boss about it looking bad and had to stop the practice. Hit that with some Roundup yesterday.

Edit: After a second look, I believe that is a Song Sparrow. It was with a Lark Sparrow and I incorrectly assumed it to be female. The Lark sexes look the same.

This message was edited Apr 12, 2009 3:51 PM

The Ozarks, MO(Zone 5b)

Wonderful shots of our birds on this thread...some of them I have never seen so it is always a joy to see a new bird here! I also see some new faces and wanted to welcome all of you to our cozy forum, sorry I couldn't welcome you sooner.

I have been away for awhile due to having out of state company and the fact that it takes me forever to recoup from all the fun we had!! The best news is I got my sister in law hooked on bird watching and also photographing while she was here...another convert to the addiction!! I let her use my old P&S camera and she was a mad woman taking shots...LOL...too funny for words! I told my brother than it wasn't polite to roll his eyes!!

I have a few shots to share and then I will start a new thread. Here is a Northern Mockingbird...mocking me as usual!

Thumbnail by dellrose
The Ozarks, MO(Zone 5b)

still mocking!!

Thumbnail by dellrose
The Ozarks, MO(Zone 5b)

This is a long shot of a Robin trying to attract a mate in our Redbud tree.

Thumbnail by dellrose
The Ozarks, MO(Zone 5b)

My most favorite bird is the female Eastern Bluebird...I could bore you with the pics I take of her!!

This will be the last pic on this thread and I will return with a link to the new one.

Here is a link to the new thread http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/974371/ hope to see you there!

This message was edited Apr 12, 2009 4:04 PM

Thumbnail by dellrose
Northumberland, United Kingdom(Zone 9a)

Quoting:
And a little female Lark Sparrow on my study steps. . . . Edit: After a second look, I believe that is a Song Sparrow. It was with a Lark Sparrow and I incorrectly assumed it to be female.

It's a Savannah Sparrow - note the finer streaking than Song Sparrow, slender bill, and the hint of yellow in the supercilium just above it's bill.

Resin

Livingston, TX(Zone 8b)

ducbucln thanks for the comments. No I purchased the feeder from Wild Birds Ulimited. The suet is a hot pepper, the birds love it and the squirrels do not like it at all.

New thread is here!! http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/974371/

Winston Salem, NC(Zone 7a)

Hey RDR...Is there an Air Force Base in Norman? sounds familiar to me for some reason, and I am disabled USAF.

Norman, OK

There are 3 AF bases in OK. Tinker in MWC, Vance in Enid and Altus AFB in SW OK.

The flight path of Tinker is just east of me. I see some interesting planes from time to time.

Winston Salem, NC(Zone 7a)

Well, no wonder Norman, OK woke up some grey cells!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.