Daily Pictures Vol. 202

Marlton, NJ

Yes red shafted. :-) Nice pic adel! we love them. Keep em comin!

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

here are some shots from me today... some not so great ones of a pliated woodpecker... too much brush to get a clear shot

http://picasaweb.google.com/AllisonNJ71/Woody41009?feat=directlink

but I am not sure what the bird is in this photo... not going to be easy to ID... bad shots

Thumbnail by onewish1
Whiteside County, IL(Zone 5a)

That's a Northern Flicker

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

why thanks... at the time I thought it was the woodpecker... when I saw the shot on my computer I saw that it wasn't

Winston Salem, NC(Zone 7a)

Wonderful pictures everyone!!! I sure have never seen such a beautiful Grackle as that one with the brilliant blue head (actually never thought I'd refer to a Grackle as "beautiful")...but that one sure was a gem!!
I've been without a computer since the 23rd and just got a new one delivered yesterday afternoon. DELL actually lost mine!! I never realized how much a part of my life DG is.....the pics of course now that spring has sprung, but even more...the wonderful friendships that I have made here in the few months since I've joined.
Sheri
Oh & Reddird reditee---I didn't know any other areas had red dirt...is yours clay too?? ^_^

Central, AL(Zone 7b)

Welcome back Sheri, tehehehe. Besides birds, we've other thing in common. Red clay. LOL, it's here too.

Putnam County, IN(Zone 5b)

I guess the pileateds & flickers are busy everywhere!! Our phoebes have start calling in the last week. When I went to hang the hummer feeder out this morning the towhee was singing...drink you tea...& the phoebe...saying phoebe, phoebe. I just love the mornings with all the birds calling and singing!

Couple of Blue Bird shots...

Thumbnail by nanny_56

and

Thumbnail by nanny_56

STILL...have a few Dark-eyed Juncos around!

Thumbnail by nanny_56

Male Downy Woodpecker..

Thumbnail by nanny_56

female...

Thumbnail by nanny_56
Lakewood, NJ

My favorite little angle... or as I call him, my little "clown". I love this titmouse. He is geing so much more comfortable with me around now too.

Thumbnail by laynie
Norman, OK

A shot of a couple of Canadas coming in for a landing on our pond. I was shooting some pics of my son's truck that he is selling, so only had my camera set on 3MP. Quality not that good. But I can shoot these guys most anytime.

What a beautiful spring day. Planting a Desert Willow out back today. Another good HB attractor.

Later. ...RDR

Thumbnail by reddirtretiree
Norman, OK

Thought some folks might enjoy a pic of one of our waterfalls. We have 3 ponds. Two upper ones with watefalls cut into the dams flow into the lower one. Lower one is about 3 acres. The upper ones are smaller. One is spring fed and runs year round. Lots of critters around here.

Thumbnail by reddirtretiree
Manzanita, OR(Zone 8b)

Great photos! Nanny, those pictures of the Downeys are great!!

Here's a cute one of my Oak Titmouse.

Thumbnail by ducbucln
Manzanita, OR(Zone 8b)

They're busy feeding the little ones besides guarding them from the Tree Swallows.

Thumbnail by ducbucln
Marlton, NJ

Great shots everyone!

Nanny, Love the Bluebirds!

Laynie, Adorable Titmouse!

Duc, Nice pics! Hope your able to get shots of the Titmouse fledging!

Red, your waterfal is beautiful!!

Laynie & duc...your titmice are adorable!

Klamath River, CA

First Brewer's Blackbird of the year....................Do you think he knew I was sitting there watching him?

Thumbnail by adelbertcat
Klamath River, CA

b

Thumbnail by adelbertcat
Manzanita, OR(Zone 8b)

I think your Brewer's Blackbird is cute adel. I'm surprised you don't see these all the time. I have so many photos of their beautiful irredescent coloring in their wings. Don't you just love their golden eyes?

Northumberland, United Kingdom(Zone 9a)

Took off some of the greyness from the Brewer's . . any better?

Resin

Thumbnail by Resin
Northumberland, United Kingdom(Zone 9a)

Thumbnail by Resin
Whiteside County, IL(Zone 5a)

Those are some feet on those blackbirds.

Congratulations Red Dirt! With that waterfall pix, you have won the contest to adopt me!!!

Marlton, NJ

LOL!! Good Luck Red!

Norman, OK

Mrs. Ed. Please send pics of your boat and do you clean fish?:)

Klamath River, CA

Thanks resin...the lighting was very poor when I snapped these pics, but it didn't look like it was going to improve any.

Klamath River, CA

duc.......two miles from here there are lots of Blackbirds, but for some reason this area doesn't attract them very much.

Winston Salem, NC(Zone 7a)

Yes, RedDirt, that waterfall is lovely! Did you landscape it or is it natural?
Have no boat, but do clean fish ^_^

Norman, OK

No. It's not natural. Cut into the dams and a thick liner and rock laid in. Also have a big pump that recirculates the water. Pumps water from the lower pond back up into the upper ones so that the waterfalls are always running. The weather has been dismal lately, but should be improving. I'll try to get down to the ponds more and get some pics. Lots of birds and critters frequent them. Seems like things are really slow to green up this year.

Later. ...RDR

(Sharon)SouthPrairie, WA(Zone 7a)

Same old same old this week, except for the singers in the high trees that won't let you get a look at them, much less a picture. Got a glimpse of my Townsend's solitaire yesterday and you can bet I will try to share him with you before he passes on. (Do you watch for birds or do you clean out flower beds? Such choices!)
At any rate here is a pair of house finches enjoying a snack.

This message was edited Apr 11, 2009 8:36 PM

Thumbnail by PNWMountainGirl

And here is one of my several band-tailed pigeons enjoying more than just a snack!

Thumbnail by PNWMountainGirl

Thanks for sharing all the great pics everyone! I am so far behind that if I commented on every one that I really liked, this post would be way too long! I especially enjoy seeing your pictures of birds such as the Titmouses (Titmice?!?) that I have never had the opportunity to see in my own yard. What a great way to bird everywhere at once!!

Anchorage, AK(Zone 4a)

There is some open water at East Chester Lagoon. I was able to take a few close ups, of Common Goldeneye ducks, there this afternoon.

Thumbnail by Grasmussen
Anchorage, AK(Zone 4a)

This Goldeneye is swimming along the edge of the melting ice.

Thumbnail by Grasmussen
Anchorage, AK(Zone 4a)

There is always time for a little preening, have to look good for the ladies.

Thumbnail by Grasmussen
Anchorage, AK(Zone 4a)

A small opening in the ice is enough to float a Goldeneye.

Thumbnail by Grasmussen
Marlton, NJ

He is beautiful! Nice pics Gary.

Common Grackle...gee can't have too many of them huh..... ;)

This message was edited Apr 12, 2009 10:24 AM

Thumbnail by nanny_56

Female Cardinal....

Thumbnail by nanny_56

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.