What would you put into your hope chest

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8a)

I just made a comment on another post regarding something that should be saved in someones hope chest. The thought came to mind, do girls still have hope chests? Did you have a hope chest and if you did what did you put in it? Its such an age old tradition but one that I think girls have strayed from either from loss of tradition or just felt it wasn't important but should start doing again. Age old traditions are being left behind when they should be brought forward and made use of again. This world and country is going through trying times and I feel that we need to touch base with our past. Things were tough then too but the way of life was so much more wholesome. Most children were brought up with good values and girls were taught the type of things that would help them be good wives, mothers and women in general.
So, give this some thought and share with us what you would put in your hope chest now if you could go back in time. I know that hind sight is 20/20 but it may help girls now.
Jan

This thread has 38 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!